1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Happened? (a.k.a. Sometimes I Hate Computers)

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by HeDied4U, Apr 1, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a question for all of you computer experts who have helped me out in the past; my only hope is that I can put into words that won't make me sound like a complete idiot [​IMG] :D

Okay, here's the situation... I'm surfing the net from IE, and I click on a link. It's at this point that I notice something is missing, mainly the little "bar" at the bottom of the screen that shows the progress (or lack thereof) of your selected site as it loads into your computer. So, when the page finishes loading, I move my mouse over a link, and I notice something else is missing, and that would be the URL of the link I'm hovering on. You know the one I mean. In the lower left hand corner of IE.

Anyway, I tried everything I can think of and I can't get those items back when I'm hovering and/or loading pages. So, what I'm asking is this...how do I get them back? Can I get them? Do I want them back?? (just kidding on that last one).

Any insight, advice, help, or points in the right direction will, as always, be greatly appreciated.

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

2. blush

blush New Member

In the "View" menu, click "status bar." [​IMG]

3. Dualhunter

Dualhunter New Member

edit: Try blush's idea first

Does your top bar look different too? Try pressing F11. If that wasn't the problem, press F11 again to put it back the way it was. You may wish to try going to Tools (in Internet Explorer's top bar), then Internet Options... (in the Tools pull down menu) and then go to the Advanced tab and click the Restore Defaults button.

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

blush is totally correct, for the problem explained.

Sherrie

5. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew I could count on the computer experts that reside here!! [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

Thanks Blush, that did the trick. I'll have to remember this the next time that status bar runs off on me.

Many, many thanks, and as always, God Bless!!

Adam [​IMG]

6. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy, I like a happy ending! [​IMG]