1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Happened to Black Wall Street?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is why everyone in heaven will speak English, it is the only language Republicans can learn how to speak. [Twist on a European joke. There it is "it is the only language American can learn.]

You ever driven through PA on a Sunday and listened to the German polka and the umpah music on the radio stations?

I believe most folk with a German background gave up German during WW II. There are still remnants of German in the speech in some local areas in the US. It was not until I moved away from home that I found that not everyone said, "Gesundheit" when another person sneezed.

#21 Crabtownboy, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is absolutely correct.

When I bought our current home - built in 1947 - I was surprised to discover in our property deed that persons descended from slaves (American "Negro") were not allowed to purchase the property, nor stay overnight, unless they were domestic servants and lived in a small room detached from the main home. Obviously that provision of the lease is unenforceable now (thank God), but it is there.

The Southern Baptist Convention opened their seminaries to "carefully selected Negroes" in the early 1950s. They had full access to "classes, library, and all academic rights and privileges." However, at Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth (I don't know about any other seminary), black students who were from Africa were allowed to eat lunch on campus in the dining room with white students. However, African-Americans were not allowed to eat lunch on campus with the seminary following the larger society's rules regarding segregation. The Convention couldn't very well preach the gospel in Africa about the love and openness of God, yet keep students from the fruit of that ministry from attending seminary. Fortunately African-American students were hosted by T.B. Maston and his wife for lunch each day at their home just off campus. It was not an accommodation made by the seminary, but an accommodation made out of love and conviction by the Mastons.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Imagine as stories go out around the world of unarmed Blacks being killed by white police officers again and again, while white Christians again, give their tacit approval or blame the dead people...imagine what that does to our ability to preach the Gospel?

I've got friends all over the world, and the story is pretty much the same. What's going on in the US with white cops killing unarmed black men is in their papers and on their newscasts.

Praise God for the folks like TB Maston and his wife. Because a lot of what folks hear coming out of SBC churches parrots FOX News and justifies this wicked behavior towards Blacks.

4. targus

targus New Member

Here's a unique thought...

Perhaps some of the same people that are crying "poor me" could stop blaming others and build something like another Black Wallstreet.

What's to stop them other than their own victim mentality?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Maybe they are scared that jealous white people will burn it down again.

6. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You beat me to it.

7. targus

targus New Member

IOW - victim mentality.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

When white cops are shooting unarmed black men and black boys dead...
    when there is a history of white people raping and experimenting on, and enslaving black people...when there is a history of white people burning down and murdering thousands upon thousands out of jealousy of their success...

You're darn skippy there is a victim mentality. When you and your family tree have been victimized, it might just give you a victim mentality.

You act like that's rocket science or something.

9. targus

targus New Member

Delusional.

I fell sorry for black Americans that are being dragged back to a distant past by the fevered imaginations of a few.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes, there are a lot of delusional white people who think Blacks haven't figured out their game.

How's that Denial parade going for ya?

[​IMG] Man stop! Distant past my flat behind. You really do need to own that delusional moniker. Keep sticking your head in the ground.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac only says those things to get a rise out of you guys. Let it be and it will go away.

12. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess we should accuse veterans who suffer from PTSD of being delusional and dragged back to a distant past by fevered imaginations.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the dumbest statements I've seen here in a while. No surprise it came from you.

:rolleyes:

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It isn't going away ..... Rev. It continues to hang around and do and say things that are not welcome, but tolerated by those in power to do something about this menacing troll! :smilewinkgrin:

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because this member is, IMHO, the same person under another avatar. You know who? Too many similarities to be mere coincidence!

16. targus

targus New Member

I have thought the same thing.

Didn't he also used to go by the name "Eric" and claim to be a young black man that worked on the New York subway?

Same angry ridiculous over the type style of writing.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh that's so cute. Now I got two people calling me an "it" and another referring to me as a tapeworm.

Yall should start a book club. :rolleyes:

And believe me, the rest of the world understands that the white privileged feels like they get to dictate what is welcomed and what isn't.

18. targus

targus New Member

When one is perceived to be excessively contraversial and not of geniune intent one is not taken seriously.

I personally fail to see the point in posting ridiculous words simply for the shock value.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs: :wavey: :applause:

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can look back through nearly 9000 posts and see that I don't particularly give a flying hoot about how some of you "perceive" anything. I'm not a teenager. I don't get bullied into not speaking the truth because of what you or anyone else thinks to be my intent. :laugh:

I personally don't see the point of some of you continuing to try to tell me what my intent and in doing so, showing yourselves to not have a clue.