what happened ?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by pinoybaptist, Oct 24, 2006.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist
    Expand Collapse

My avatar, before this one, was that of a macaque monkey. I have never changed that.
    This morning I figured I was going to change it into that of a groundhog, and I went into my image editor, and started doing some work on the image, and then went to my member preferences page in BB to start to upload the avatar, and lo, and behold, the macaque is gone, and in its place a groundhog or gopher image which was not the image I edited but which is an image I have in my drive, but which at that point was still unuploaded.
    Why was it already my avatar ?
    And just to make sure I went back to one of my posts, and, gollygeewow, the macaque is gone ! In its place was this other beautiful thing which looked like either a gopher or a groundhog.
    I did replace that with a groundhog image that I uploaded, because it makes me feel comfortable to know and be sure I did upload the image.
    But how, in BB's name, did that other image get in there ?
    Are we now so high tech that simply thinking about an action actually creates that action already ?
    Goodness, I better train my mind to be blank when I get upset about somebody's posts, or the thoughts racing through it may get printed without my fingers creating the keystrokes.
    My, oh, my.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife
    Expand Collapse

Wow! I wish I could think something and just make it appear. Talk about a high speed connection :laugh:

3. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps another groundhog will explain.

4. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

I have no idea, I certainly haven't messed with anything....

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I think the Lord is punishing him for something only he knows. :)