1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what happens To A True Christian Who Willfully Rejects Christ/UNbelief?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, I lash out against a false doctrine that makes God into a terrible monster, doing things more like Satan than God. Of course, the real God is nothing like the impostor Calvinism portrays Him to be. The true God is love and is full of mercy toward mankind. He wants His creation to love Him of their own free will.

I realize that the typical Calvinist is just caught up in the system and more than likely has pure motives. They have just allowed a false definition of sovereignty to color the way they view scripture. I actually feel somewhat sorry for them.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Robert,
    Once again you fail to address the verses in rom5, Instead you like Van before you make this terrible post;
    If you are wrong,[and you are] you put yourself in the unenviable position of blaspheming the True and Living God,and His people.
    those alive at the time of the apostles observed caution as here;
    You are fighting against God,His word , and His people.

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    revmac,
    Glad to see I can agree with most of your post. I think the whole passage is speaking to believers however;your explanation
    Paul does not believe in unlimited atonement.

You change it in your explanation to add the phrase.....all the ungodly

the whole passage up to this point we agree is speaking to the justified.

Paul has no reason to change it here. as you correctly state when we were without strenght Christ died ......for the ungodly....that is us , as you agree.
    The fact that he continues in verse 8,with the christian demonstrates this.

Paul uses a similar idea in 1 tim 1 :15
    A calvinist can say this verse to all men when being evangelistic.
    Sinners and sinners alone are who God saves. He saves the ungodly.

But never all men,all sinners, or all the ungodly. There is no necessity to say that Jesus has died for all men without exception.
    He has died for all men without distinction.
    He has died for old, young, Jew , gentile,rich, poor,black, white, oriental,..all types of men...but never all men.
    not imputing their trespasses against them...this is only true of the justified. rom5:1