1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Happens to the Souls of the Well Meaning Churchgoers?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I wouldn't be too quick to thank him. He forgot to tell you that you are Eerkel in that parody.

:laugh::laugh::[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh:

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the sinner that had more light will receiver greater condemnation then one who received much less light...

God is a respector of no man, fair in all His dealings...

Thank God He decides the ultimate deswtiny of all persons, who other than Him are qualified?

And IF there is no ternal hell, why did jesus warn us to avoid going to a place where you are FOREVER shut off from presense ofGod?

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for this up-date...

....I know many sweet, well-meaning Catholics, and like you they have not a clue as to what it means to be born-again! HOWEVER, I know just as many Catholics who are not only born-again, but spirit-filled, WOF speaking and believing brothers and sisters in the Lord.

A few years back, I was invited to one of their Bible studies, and these folks are for real. And they are influencing Catholics from within. We need to pray for them as their mission is not easy, but well timed.

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Righteous dude...

You said...

I have to greatly disagree with that. I am sure that there are some saved people who have stumbled into a WOF church and they think its ok, just like the catholics. But the hard core WOF people are NOT propagating the true gosple, and cant possibly be "Spirit filled", since they are progating a false gosple..

#84 Alive in Christ, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Don't Disagree With This....

...you make a good point, and I tend to agree with you to an extent. However, there are some WOF churches that do teach and emphasize salvation as we teach it. They just stray from the Word when they get moving into the gifts and how those gifts can get a person everything they want and ask for [thus the WOF doctrine comes in].

What I find so strange is that that those in these churches can't see past the faux front of piousness being put before them as a well staged show. They only find release [from this cult like teaching] when they discover that God is not going to give them EVERYTHING their heart desires.

I've sat in these churches and wondered how people who drove old beat up cars and probably bought their clothes from Goodwill or WalMart [a step up from Goodwill], could continue to write out checks that were way beyond the normal tithe with the hope they'd one day have a Mercedes likes their pastor drove?

I watched as congregations were led to mortgage their homes in order to burn the church mortgage, which, as I belieed, meant the pastor and staff could have more money to line their pockets with, while the congregation now had 15 or 30 years of new mortgage payments to live with.

But, you must never forget, that these folks were the most loving, trusting and giving of any church people I knew, and mostly because they were being subtly led to give as much as possible [more than the last time] because their miracle or blessing was just down the road from their homes. Or, they should avoid doctors because they had been healed. And when that light bulb finally began to flicker within them and they say, "Wait a minute. We've been believing, like forever, and there is no miracle coming down my dusty road" or worse yet, "Why am I still ill?"

Of course when they questioned the preaching and teaching, they were quickly rebuked and taken down a new road. The one named Guilt Lane. Guilt was profoundly used to quash such question where they stood, and if the guilt didn't work, they usually ended up leaving the church thinking they didn't receive because they didn't or couldn't believe at the level of those around them, especially at the level of their pastor, who had everything he asked for because the people in the pews gave way beyond their means to help pay for the mansion on the hill and the Mercedes.

This is where I usually came in. My ministry was to seek out these people and try to get them to return to the real Jesus of the real Bible. That is why I have a ministry named Remove the Haze [the lies and intentional misleading of the wolves in sheep clothing]. I also started another ministry last year called Back on the Narrow Path, and it too is to salvage those who were seriously wounded and left for dead by the WoF teachers. I have made it my mission in life to help those who were hurt, disappointed and mislead back to the Narrow Path to find the true and genuine relationship that they had grown disgusted and angry with.

Witht he help of God, I see m tremendous succcess, and I enjoy what I'm doing because it is for Jesus.

So while I don't disagree with you and your views, as a matter of fact, I do agree that WoF preachers and churches have done a tremendous disservice to the Gospel message.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that is why the Lord does indeed save those who are in both Catholic/WoF churches, but that is due to His sovereign Grace, NOT validating their teaches, as BOTH teach a false gospel!

And once saved by the Lord, need to immediantly leave both and find good baptist church!

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Well I am partial to Baptist churchs, but any Evangelical church will be fine for someone who has fled a wof church. .

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that would be true, just preference would be for baptist!

9. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

You said, They came to love the Lord, and then you gave a list of thing they did or became involved in that say's to you, they love the Lord. There are many images in these last day's of God, Christ. A image can be material or a image of ones imagination. People fall down before these gods every day. The word of God and his gospel teaches us who God is. You cannot love God until you are born again. There is a big difference in having an oppinion of who God is and knowing who God is. It seems to be a marvel to some people that Christ said, Ye must be born again. There is no other name given among men wherby we can be saved, but at the name of Jesus. Anyone that climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Second that....

:thumbs::thumbsup::praying:

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen...

That is a mouthful of truth. THANKS! :thumbs:

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    they will be the multitude that Jesus referred to who did miracles in his name, helped others, spoke of Him, but were condemned, for he never knew them!

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed...

...:applause::applause::applause: