1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Happens When You Cant Fix It?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 2, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got the call yesterday morning from my uncle who asked me to sit down. That could never be good....and it wasn't. The cancer that took my mom has been discovered in him. And he was calm. I was blank. We both know its a death sentence...he will do the kemo...in my mind & if it were me...I wouldn't ...it wont help. Oh maybe his kids....but not him. He will not survive this & we both know it. He was very calm and he asked for my prayers. My prayers...I cant bring myself to that yet...with my mom I prayed constantly...to no avail. Now I will have to watch it happen again. I am not prepared for this one.

2. mactx

mactx New Member

Oh sweetie I am so sorry. I wish I were a wise woman and had something really helpful to say but I am not.
    I will pray though, for him and for you to have the same strength he has.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you :praying:

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very tragic.

I am reminded that at the tomb of Lazarus - Jesus wept.

"In this world you have trouble" said Jesus.

That is so true.

But that is why we need prayer - not only in asking for healing, but asking for strength to endure and persevere - should the healing not come in this life.

in Christ,

Bob

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Don't say that your prayers were "of no avail" because they were. We don't always get the answer we want but God is there, loves us and will answer in the best way that He does - even if it means the loss of our loved ones.

I will absolutely be praying for you. Having been through this with your mom must make it particularly defeating and difficult to deal with. It's OK to cry and moan to the Lord as well. When my daughter was ill, I remember curling into a ball at one point and just crying and saying "Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!!" that was all I could muster. :( But God hears it and knows our heart. ((HUGS))