1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Has Been The Longest ...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rippon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    time period that you have been away from the internet -- because your computer was broken, no time, or a desire to wean yourself off of the thing? There might some other reasons.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Forty plus years.

Oh, you mean since we all had access ;)

Hmm, sadly, since broadband it has not been very long. I'd have to think about it.

3. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I was without a computer for about 3 months, mostly due to my choice. After I graduate with my MBA, I will probably take a sabbatical from the internet again. Yet, right now, I am required to be on the computer for a number of reasons.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would say about three months from January through March of this year. After the bypass operation, I really had very little desire to do anything.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Roger said, you do mean after getting the internet, right? :thumbs:

That would have to be 40 days.

In 2001, for 40 days before my 40th birthday, I fasted (for lack of a better word) from the computer, the TV, radio, secular books, the newspaper, and my favorite magazines. I increased my Bible reading and prayer for those 40 days.

I heard from God more clearly than I ever have in my life.

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, I have a lot of obligations (school, work, preaching and teaching) that require the use of a computer.

When I was in radio, it was even worse because I was constantly having to do research and put my show together.

But apart from those things, I'm pretty much not on it at all.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I got my first computer late in 1999, and in 2008 my computer was fried during a storm. I was without one for 5-6 months and went stir crazy. I was suffering withdrawals. :laugh:

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Most of the work I've done for pay required/requires working at a computer. I went two seperate weeks on two seperate vacations, and both times, part of that meant the joy of not having to look or think about the computer.

I do enjoy it, but breaks used to be good. Now the problem is opposite-my medical issues are affecting my eyes and I haven't been able to use the computer like I need to for work...and play time is very short bursts before I have to stop.

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

about 6 months, I gave mine to a worthy cause...my mother.

It drove me nuts.....I am addicted.