1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What If Islam Is Right about Jesus?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rabst, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabst

rabst Uncle Pastor

Islam claims that Jesus was only a prophet. I know it's important for the do-nothing Christians that 'Jesus was some do-it-all Superman who took on the full weight of every shortfall man could possibly have,' but it's important (whether you believe that He 'served as payment for all of mankind' or that He 'gave a good example for mankind to follow') that He was only human; and was there ever any 'only human' human more holy than a prophet?

I studied some Buddhism (Nichiren Buddhism, which holds that 'Buddha-hood' is merely one of the ten personality-traits that 'the thus-come one' has focused- and meditated-on long enough for that personality to be the one he embodies), and that taught me that the Master chooses his Disciples to train them to replace him.

Application of that truth to Christianity is verified by the Evangelical Covenant Church, which teaches that Christians would be nothing but a suicide-cult if it weren't for The Great Commission (Jesus' command that we are to make disciples of all whom we meet).

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you are saying that Jesus was not God but was just a human being - a nice example to follow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.