1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if Jeb's Last Name was not Bush?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Dec 16, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I kind of feel sorry for Jeb Bush. He's obviously very learned on political issues. Very articulate and level headed. From every thing I've read he did a very good job as governing Florida. Seems like a decent human being. Stood up for himself in last night's debate.

I'm wondering if he was not tied to his father and brother and his last name were something like Williams or Collins if he would be doing better in the presidential campaign. "Jeb Williams, former governor of Florida."

What do you think?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very possible -
    My choice for Jeb - for or against has absolutely NOTHING do to with his last name.

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking at Hillary's campaigns, the Kennedy's, and others, America has a pretty weird love/hate relationship with political dynasties.

If some primaries and had gone differently, we could have seen the White House go from Bush to Clinton to Bush to Clinton with a Bush now running for the next spot. I don't think America wants to work like that.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He should run as a democrat, no matter what his name is.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't vote for him. I do not support him on several issues.