1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if Obama Were A "Sleeper Cell" Candidate?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 30, 2008.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Ultimately, "The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all" (Ps 103:19, NASB).

2. jakers

jakers New Member

Actually, his father was a Muslim, but had renounced that and became an atheist prior to Barack Jr's birth. He was raised non-religious by his mother and stepfather. There is NO evidence that he was ever raised Muslim at any point in his life.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ya' get this for that response! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But that still was a funny line!

Ed

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thought we all work with prayer in our heart that we are doing and walking as God would have us do. We do not live in a perfect world and everyday makes that more plain than the last. We are not puppets and completely controlled by God. If that were the case, we would never sin. That is why Jesus said for us to pray always. He told a man to provide for his family. He has told us to raise our children in a way they should go. We are God's creation and he gave us a mind to think with, so we don't jump off high bridges unless we want to kill ourselves, or run in the path of ten wheeler trucks. The whole world is different. We are of the few who get to choose our leaders, all the rest are forced to serve theirs. God does not have one way for them and another for us, so He expects us to live productive lives and provide for our families and the poor and to always pray to him for guidance.

Being we are blessed to live in a country where we can choose our leaders, we don't want to choose evil, but rather good. So, it is not only our privilege but our duty to learn who we are choosing for leaders. Don't forget the devil is going to and fro seeking whom he may devour.

BBob,

#24 Brother Bob, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2008
  5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

uncalled for.......Christian act no doubt.

BBob,

6. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

Based on what i have read, Senator Barack Obama's home church is the Trinity Church of Christ. It has a "Non-Negotiable commitment to Africa and that only African Americans are admitted membership. He's been a member since 1988 Their website is www.tucc.org/about.htm

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

BBob, it was in jest! But come to think of it, is it Christian to cast aspersions on Sen. Obama either?

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Wow! Why am I not surprised that you know absolutely nothing about this church other than their website address? :laugh:

Where in the world do you get the idea white people are not admitted membership? You do realize that it is part of the United Church of Christ? Did you even look at the youtube clips at the bottom of the link you posted? Did it escape your notice that Jane Fisler Hoffman, whose home church is Trinity, says the church is for everyone? Sheesh people.... :BangHead:

Like I said which is it? Is he a closet muslim because he has a common arabic name, please note it is not just a muslim name, or is he racist for attending Trinity United? Make up your minds please. Then again don't as it is rather amusing, albeit in a twisted, sad sort of way. :rolleyes:

9. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

I had gotten that website with that same info in an email recently also. This is a quote from the email.

I cant say if this is true or not considering I cant get that church site to load...

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Don't believe emails..check the facts.

11. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    On the link you provided, there is a YouTube video of what appears to be a white woman named Jane Fisler Hoffman who works for the UCC denomination as a conference minister, attends Trinity UCC and calls it her home church.

12. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

I agree. But considering I couldnt get the site to load, I figured I'd state it here and someone could correct if it was not right info. :thumbs:

13. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is exactly why Chrisians should stay out of the accusation and blame game of politics. It sullies the name of Jesus Christ. We are better than this.

14. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

I just read the website if its false I'm sorry: but it reads that their congregation is unashamely black and unapologetically Christian.

15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Yes it does say that. It does not say that only black people can be members or attend. You are making an assumption, and we all know what that means.

People must be forgetting that this church is in the heart of an African American community, and if one were to look closer at their explanation of "black liberation theology" on the website they just might gain a little insight into their mission statement.

Because I am feeling rather lazy tonight I will copy and paste from some of my previous posts on this topic. Taken from the 12 precepts thread.

• Again, it is a BLACK church within the black community. How many of you have ever gone to a black churchin the black community? I have, and I was as welcome as anyone. They are not trying to exclude anyone, only strengthen THEIR community. Did any of you even bother to read their Trumpet magazine? Did you notice at least two WHITE people in the "2007 Honorees for the Annual Trumpet Awards"?

• Again, I ask, what is the big deal considering many of you are quick to point out the perceived deficiencies in the black community? I mean c'mon, either black people are ignoring the problems in their community or they are racist for trying to solve the problems in their community. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.
    • Good for your church. BTW, that covenant does not say they will only do things for the black community. People are assuming that since the word "black" appears in the covenant that they are only going to do things with and for the black community. I don't get that sense at all. The church has always been an important factor in different programs aimed at helping or aiding the black community. I asked a relevant question, as to whether anyone has actually been to a predominantly black church, and was attacked for being a PC liberal trying to hard to prove a point. However, how can anyone say they would not be welcome if they have never been? I think a lot of incorrect assumptions have been made on the basis of the word "black" in this church's covenant.

#35 Filmproducer, Jan 30, 2008
  16. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

What if Obama were a "Sleeper Cell' Candidate?

I sure hope the things i read about Jane Fisler Hoffman are false. But I'm afraid they're not.

17. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

What that she is a white woman who is a member of a black church that supposedly only allows black Americans to join? :smilewinkgrin:

What did you expect to read about her? She is a minister in the UCC. For many Baptists that is a heresy in and of itself...

18. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

Her color or Obama's color has NOTHING to do with the THREAD. I QUOTED from a website which if it was wrong i am sorry, but i get information from what i read, now i learn that this white woman visits this church and says she has membership. the things i read about her is that she is a minister which I STRONGLY OPPOSE and supports gay marriage which I STRONGLY OPPOSE. And if MR. Obama BELEIVES what she preaches then that is a blessing or a curse to him. You decide.

19. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you are worried about Obama being a sleeper cell candidate for liberal Christianity, you'll have to create your own thread and it will probably not get much attention because most people realize that Trinity UCC is part of a liberal Christian denomination.

This thread is about him being a sleeper cell candidate for Islam.

#39 Gold Dragon, Jan 30, 2008
  20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

These are actual concerns of mine and we are discussing whether they might be true or not. You had no cause to personally attack me.

The man is running for President of this Country and we have every right to question who he is, and find out what is true and what is not true. If that is unchristian, then Christians have no right to "vote" for President, or any other offfice. We are having a discussion to find out the facts in case you missed the OP! If he was a muslim, then he was a muslim. If he was not, then he was not a muslim. Nothing unchristian to want to know if its true or not. Maybe it just stepped on your politics?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=1f297c14-c64d-41b1-aebb-e0325c823cd8

BBob,

#40 Brother Bob, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008