1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What If Ron Paul Were POTUS?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 24, 2009.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How would things be different today if Ron Paul were POTUS?

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

If Ron Paul were President.....

It is likely that both parties on Capital Hill would work against him...... except for a handful of truely stateman in the House of Representatives, who might be encouraged.

Chances are..... someone from the banking interests would secure the services of the CIA, or the FBI, or Secret Service... or other such protective units to either put a hit on him or withdraw protection at such a time as they had a 'hit man' in place.... and probably the wrong guy would be caught and blamed while the real trigger guy would be protected or even promoted.

He would veto a lot of legislation as being unconstitutional.... and the Congress would have to put their names on the line before the scrutiny of the voting public to overpass his veto.

The 'bully pulpit' which Ross Perot thought the President could control..... might not be there to publish the remarks of a real President who wanted an informed public, because the media is already controlled by conglomerated giants.

He would probably do his best to increase control of our borders against illegal drugs and smuggled contraband and drugs.

He would probably nominate strict constitutionalist judges to the SCOTUS.... whether they'd get past Congress is anyone guess.

What direction the FCC and the SEC would take.... would be more likely to break up monopolies of power and consolidations of businesses and resources from out of the hands of the few.....provided he could exercise his administrative influence that far.

We'd probably experience a deep and sudden depression as our money was devalued, but, with the assertion of our sovereignty and his confronting the Congress to form our own banking system and issue new currency..... it might renew our confidence that once again the average Joe plumber might stand a real chance through hard work and accepting risks and responsibility. Chances are, people, like me, now dependant on Social Security, might take a real hit and have to tighten our belt.... for the sake of the current and future generations.... and these programs be either phased out or reworked into something which gradually removed the burden from the public sector back to private control....but I think future generations would applaud all of us for that 'sacrifice'. I think departments like education would be returned to the states and local communities and we'd see a cutting back on many federal agencies. I think a lot of people who have depended on the federal government for their jobs, would become more politically active as many of them would face pink slips..... but a few would relish the opportunity and challenge to work in similar capacities on a more locally focused line of work.... where they could feel the real accomplishment and impact of their talents and abilities instead of the stiffeling inhibition of the political beauracracy. I think he would challenge the UN and its importance to us. I think he would request challenges before the SCOTUS regarding national laws.... with the idea of returning many areas of control... not otherwise specified by the constitutuion of the US, back to the states: I believe the people would have to take a more vested interest in the politics within their localities and states as we find our selves comparing and defining differences in law between the various states..... and have to come to terms with that.

Really, without the support of newly elected officials in Congress to compliment a person such as a Ron Paul or a Chuck Baldwin, or an Allen Keyes.... the government might almost seem to cease working at all....... My question is..... would that be such a bad thing..... as long as we prevent someone from stepping up and filling the void as a dictator? Yes, there are lots of unanswered questions I leave open to someone else regarding national security, our current involvement in the middle east war..... and other concerns of national and international interest.

#2 windcatcher, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

As soon as he wins a few primaries he would be a target for assassination.

I followed the carrier of Larry P. MacDonald throughout the 70' and 80's. No one can convince me that the downing of the KAL flight he was on was a accident, but in effect was a collaborated effort of the Soviets and Internationalists.