1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if somebody gets saved watching Benny Hinn?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 12, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Is this person a false convert? I mean the bible says a bad tree can only have bad fruits. Does this mean that if a sincere person converts while watching a false teacher then this person cannot be the real deal even though she was sincere?
    This sounds a bit unfair.
    I saw Hinn the other day while switching channels and he was asking people to get saved and he said a prayer how to get born again and the prayer was okay. You couldn't say anything against it. Now if Hinn is a false prophet and somebody prayed this prayer then does this mean that this person did not get saved?
    And what also makes no sense, why should a false prophet encourage people to really get saved and tell them how to get saved?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

If a false prophet was all false and no truth they'd certainly be easier to spot. But there is always a bit of truth mixed in, which is why so many them and defend them, they do not understand that the false exsists. Satan in the garden of eden used just enough truth mixed with lies.
    It is not the one preclaiming the gospel that saves, it is God. People who are saved listening to a false prophet are saved same as anyone else, they do not have to know and understand everything, only that jesus died for them and they are sinners.
    Of course depends on if your a calvinist or not. I happen to be, so I don't think it matters, God saves, we do not.
    gott go fast......

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This would truly be the only miracle associated with Hinn!

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will:
    1:16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains;
    1:17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.
    1:18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what I don't understand is how could people in the bible do miracles using Jesus' name when they were not even christians?`This sounds a bit strange somehow as if the name itself has the power and everybody can use this power even if he is not even a christian. If unbelievers could do miracles using Jesus name then why can I not do miracles using his name?

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Excellent citation Amy...that would seem to nail it.

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

xdisciplex where do you see examples of this? Can you give specific Scriptural reference?

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some saved people may be cheated by false prophets, but no unsaved people can be saved by false prophets.

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So if people come to Christ under Hinn's preaching, he isn't a false prophet.

Seems simple enough.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

People are saved by God not prophets.

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

We are saved by accepting Christs finished work on the Cross. One could easily be introduced by an unbeliever, wrestling with THE dilema, sitting on the next barstool.

Believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Salvation has nothing to do with the messenager, false prophet or otherwise. It has to do with God and God alone.

13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant the salvation by God preached by true believers.

Let's say some one listened to the Gospel preached by a true believer, then he was meditating it in the meantime, he ( or she) might be struggling with the conflicts in his mind, then one day attended Benny Hinn's conference, there he was saved as he was continuously thinking about the Gospel.
    In that case, he was saved not because of Benny Hinn, but because he listened to the Gospel preached by a true believer before.

Some one can be saved while he was watching TV show! but in that case TV show was not preaching the Gospel, but the person was saved by the Gospel preached by another person before.

I know some one who was saved while he was running in the army. He listened to the Gospel before and was thinking about it since then, thereafter he was drafted to the army, then was saved as he was reminded of Gospel.

Benny Hinn cannot get the credit for any salvation.

Can Mormons and JWs get the credit for the salvation?

Mt 7
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

Truth comes from the source of Truth and passes thru the channel of Truth ( born-again believer, or Bible or commentaries, etc) to the person of Truth ( repented or broken hearted, someone who turns from the sins)

#13 Eliyahu, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  14. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I came across a little book years ago by a preacher who pastored a church for a long time before coming under conviction that he was lost. He related that his church actually flourished under his pastorate, he won many souls, and if I remember right, he came under conviction from a sermon on salvation he preached himself.

So I suppose the answer to the OP is yes.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think they are fully capable of lousing up their intended message enough that the true gospel slips by.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I have heard stories of pastors who were not saved, but I've always wondered how in the world can this be? I can't even imagine thinking of pastoring if I wasn't totally in love with the Lord. How does this happen? Don't mean to hijack, just bewildered.:)