1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if the Liberals Win in November?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 12, 2006.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

DING! We have a winner! I totaly agree with you on this Bill.

Jamie

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way you're trying to spin this, you require that the person who objects to it must be taken in by the scare tactic. Just because they're unsuccessful at scaring some of us does not mean that they did not intend to scare us.

I'm worried about truth.

I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm pointing out that the AFA predictions are either scare tactics designed to motive politically uninformed people, or they're an expression of AFA's utter political ignorance.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. Pretty much.

It kinda makes sense that if you're going to yell "scare tactics", there should at least be something there that scares you. In your case there is obviously nothing there that does, so I figured you had to be worried about the great unwashed masses that aren't quite smart enough to figure this out on their own.

My point is that they're probably smart enough to figure this all out on their own as well, and aren't scared either.

Of course, the democrats have their "scare tactics" too, and they pretty well mirror the one that is the subject of this thread.:smilewinkgrin: With three or four extras thrown in.

#23 carpro, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  4. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

They arn't as bad as being humilated on "Family Guy" or "Non Sequitor"
    THOSE are scare tactics

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

It's hard for me to consider Zell Miller a Democrat. I don't know why he doesn't change parties.

As far as Lieberman, I basically like him but don't agree with his support of a war which is very difficult to justify and which now looks like it might go on at least until Bush leaves office.

6. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

This is the same old stuff we hear on the eve of every election as a last ditch effort to get out the religious right vote. The sky is falling. Of course, the last time the "liberals" were in there, they didn't do any of the things that are being speculated about, the sky didn't fall, and nothing that the boo-boo frighteners said ever came to pass, but they continue to say it anyway.

With four Republican resignations from the house as a result of moral failures, record oil prices that will return to $3 a gallon when the election is over, no resolution in Iraq at all, North Korea defiantly testing nukes because they know we can't do anything to stop them because we are tied down in a purposeless war in Iraq, and with the Foley revelations, religious righters debating whether or not it was all that bad, and on the fence about it, it is clearly time for a change. I'll vote third party where I can, write in where I can't, and cheer for every liar that falls.

I heard the Republicans have had to resort to reminding people about Chappaquidick to try to stop the relentless attention that Foley and those bumbling around him keep attracting to themselves. From the party that used to hold the concept of taking responsibility for your actions and facing the consequences of your choices, we have this babble about how the other side is worse. That was probably the worst possible thing they could have done. Desperation isn't pretty.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's great to be a pro-American American!!!:applause:

I love to listen to liberals whine.:laugh:

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure is. It is better to be pro-American, pro-truth, and pro-Kingdom of God.

Haven't heard any whining (or necessarily, any liberals), but I have heard a number of people confront the preposterous predictions of the AFA.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got any solutions, or just complaints?

Why don't you fill us in on what democrats will do about the price of gas and North Korea ?

10. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Again much of what is in the OP is indeed the Democratic stances and common knowledge. Their positions are clearly stated on many of those issues and check the voting records!

The OP says "Liberals will make the killing of the unborn more difficult to stop"

There is nothing misleading about that statement what so ever, or others. It is simply a fact and as stated by the Democratic platform itself.

The Democratic party stands firmly in protecting the right to kill innocent unborn children and will oppose any change. "We stand proudly for a woman's right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay"!

They state "We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine" abortions and such etc. Source: The Democratic Platform for America, Jul 10, 2004. They proclaim it to be a "constitutional liberty"! Democratic National Platform Aug 15, 2000

Voting in Regards to such:

A) This was the bill to stop PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS! The practice of killing a fully formed child just before or during birth. As I understand some States and one Doctor will perform the procedure even after birth. As long as the umbilical cord is still attached. Anyhow the bill passed but simply out of sheer unanimity by Republicans and despite Democratic party attempts.

64% of the Democrats voted against the bill which would have allowed the continued practice of Partial Birth Abortion! 36% of Dem's voted for the bill, good for them but see "transport bill" below. Kerry, Edwards, Bidden did not vote.

94% of Republicans voted for the bill. Thus they voted unanimously against this horrendous and terrible practice! Only 5.8% voted against the bill. Some of these being truly liberals, see vote on "transport bill" below.
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=108&session=1&vote=00051

B) Transport bill. This was a bill which gave parental notification to parents; who's children may be in the terrible predicament of facing a decision of abortion. The bill failed due to following.
    http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=24087

86% of the Democrats voted against bill. Thus against your right to know as a parent! 13.6% voted for the bill, good for them.

93% of Republicans voted for the bill. Thus they voted for your right as a parent to know, if your child was facing the terrible predicament of having an abortion. 7% voted against the bill. It was the same liberally slanted republicans as above + one.
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00263

Really Magnetic Poles? In regards to public opinion it really depends on who you choose to side with and how the poll is conducted and/or worded. As most polls show the majority of evangelical Christians oppose abortion. Whereas a majority of "others" support abortion. Given the majority of those in conjunction of minority of Christians the polls generally lean Pro-Choice vs. Pro-Life. But often this is only slightly with Pro-Life actually ahead at times.

Fox News Poll: 2006 41% plife, 49% pchoice, other 10%; 2004 47% plife, 44% pchoice, other 9%; 2003 44% equal.

ABC/New York Times poll: Abortions should be: generally available 38%, stricter limits 39%, not permitted at all 21%, with 2% unsure. This shows a good percentage want it abolished all together! With most Americans wanting changes in order to limit it to just a few rare instances. Eminent danger to mother and/or incest or rape. I would think most Christians would support these rare instances thus polls can be misleading as such. They do tend to show the greatest percentage of Americans want a change. In order to limit it. Something the Democratic party today fights as shown with following.

With Partial Birth Abortion:
    CNN/USA gallop poll 2003. This poll was conducted in direct relation to the partial birth bill above. 68% of Americans felt late term abortion should be illegal! 25% said it should be legal with 7% unsure.

ABC News 2003 in same regards, results were 62% Americans felt late term should be illegal, 12% saying it depends, 20% saying it should be legal, with 5% unsure.

With Parental Notification:
    CBS, the unbiased network ha, conducted a poll asking if at least one parent should be notified before their child could have an abortion. 80% favored notification, 17% opposed, with 3% unsure, 2005.

Fox’s poll had 78% favoring parental notification with 17% opposed, 5% unsure. 2005.

The Democratic party voted in direct opposition and will given any excuse in order to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody is saying the Republican party is all that great! They are for the most part just like the rest, self-consumed idiots. However some changes are capable through them. Whereas such is not the case with the Democratic party of today. So before you vote for a party that gleefully and "proudly" stands by abortion and proclaims such as a "liberty"; maybe you should look at the unborn babies hand around the doctors finger. Put away politics!
    http://www.michaelclancy.com/ For the slideshow go to bottom left of page.

take care,

In Christ:jesus:

Ralph

#30 Ralph III, Oct 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2006
  11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You know Ralph,

It would seem you continue to bring up the same issue when speaking of the democrats and republicans. While, it's a good issue to stand on, I don't think abortion is the only issue.

The one thing that I believe saved your last post was this:

"Nobody is saying the Republican party is all that great! They are for the most part just like the rest, self-consumed idiots."

The only thing I have to add to your argument is this. If the Republicans are so much better at handling abortion, and they have controlled both the Congress and the White house, why hasn't something been done in the 6 years they have been in office?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your statement above, I think both parties are idiots. But, I don't see how just because they say they are against something, and yet do nothing, that is any different than someone saying they are for something.

To me, it a wash.

The democrats say we are pro-choice, and they will not change.
    The republicans say we are not pro-choice, and yet they do nothing to change it.

How about bringing in a 3rd party that is not pro choice, and they will make the needed changes to be sure to back up what they say.

I am tired of the lip service from the parties just to get my vote.

Jamie
    I will be voting for a 3rd party in 2008.

12. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Ralph,

Would you be so kind as to give the margin of error, the sample size, and the demographic breakdown for the poll numbers you just quoted. Also in what year were these polls conducted?

Thanks,

FP

#32 Filmproducer, Oct 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2006
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But they haven't really had control of the Senate. It takes 60 votes to control the Senate.

As you say, it may not have mattered because there are a few pro abortion Republicans. But there's no way to test your theory without real control of the Senate. That means 60 Republicans, not 51.

14. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

True. However, the republicans did have a few more than 51, but if I remember right, a few had to step down this year.....

Also, at the rate they are going now, I don't want to see them get 60. Sorry, like I mentioned in another post, I am done with them giving me, the voter, lip service.

I will be voting for a 3rd party...

Jamie

15. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Hello Jamie. If you read my posts you will see I have brought up numerous other issues consistently. Such as sanctity of marriage and attempts to remove Christian aspects from our society. I have pushed the abortion issue a little more because it is the actual murder of unborn children. In addition, there is no single issue the two parties stand in greater contrast which should be of great importance, especially with Christians. You will most likely see me post these again as these debates arise.

Was somebody going to delete or edit my post or are you saying it seemed like a push? I would be pretty disappointed with the first as simply the truth. With the second, if the Democratic Party and Republican Party switched positions on numerous of these issues, I would start voting Democrat! But that isn’t going to happen, friend. Because if it were not for some of these issues, as abortion or such as gay agenda’s etc, the Democratic Party would cease to exist.

Jamie I have already addressed this issue with you numerous times. It takes a majority of votes to pass legislation. When you get 85% of Democrats voting against important issues such as these there is nothing to be done. The bill will fail virtually every time and irrespective of what the few liberally slanted Republicans do. It only goes to show most care more about party line than what is best or wanted by majority of Americans. There is no hiding or ignoring voting records but yes I am dissapointed more has not been done.

I couldn't disagree with you any greater in regards to trying to do something. You continue to ignore or downplay the actual voting and stated stances. I have given two glaring examples on some of the most important issues and will offer a third. The President and Republicans pushed for banning late term abortion with a high percentage of Rep. voting for it. In contrast the greatest majority of Democrats fought against it. The same is shown with the “marriage amendment” and “parental notification”. The Democratic Party attempted to block legislation in each of these cases irrespective of importance and popularity with Americans in general.

I don’t blame you and would myself. Only at this time to do so would in in fact put the Democrats in power. As there is no Independent popular enough or strong enough to draw enough votes from both parties. If they stood for many, or even a few, of the issues listed above; they would simply draw more votes away from the Republican Party. But like I have said numerous times, one party is capable of change whereas the other is beyond such at this point.

Sure:

More interesting is when the poll is broken down.
    CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll. Jan. 10-12, 2003. N=1,002 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. In regards to abortion and when broken down into pregnancy stages. The poll showed; First 3 months of pregnancy 66% legal, 29% Illegal, 3% depends, 2% unsure, Second three months of pregnancy 25% legal, 68% Illegal, then 4/3, Last three months of pregnancy 10% legal, 84% Illegal, then 4/2.

Each of these polls are conducted annually by the major networks. You could google for results. It shows the majority of Americans believe abortion should be available but only under rare instances. Mothers health/incest/rape. It also shows a pretty equal amount of people, 20 percentile, want it abolished all together with others wanting no change. However, poll after poll shows most Americans want changes in the abortion laws. In order to limit it from where it is and to regulate it to these rarer occasions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of interest and in regards to the Marriage Amendment:

This amendment was to be a constitutional amendment which recognized the sanctity of marriage, as between one man and one woman. 45 States in the Union initiated laws which recognize marriage between a man and woman as noted by Sen Sam Brownback. Every state, including Liberally/Democratic slanted one’s, which put a referendum to the people voted to recognize marriage as only between a man and woman –or- in voting against gay marriage. As recently noted by either O’reilly or Hannity.

Pew Research Center for the People & the Press and Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life survey conducted by Schulman, Ronca & Bucuvalas (SRBI). July 6-19, 2006. Adults nationwide. (June 2006 and earlier conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International.) 7/6-19/06 56% oppose gay marriage, 35% favor, 9% unsure: 6/14-19/06 55% oppose gay marriage, 33% favor, with 12% unsure.
    ABC News Poll. May 31-June 4, 2006. N=1,001 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS Intersearch. 5/31-6/4/06 59% opposed gay marriage, 36% favored, 3% unsure: 3/4-7/04 59% oppose gay marriage, 38% favor, with 3% unsure.

This is how the marriage amendment went in voting.

87% of Republicans voted for the bill to recognize marriage as only between a man and woman. 13%(7) voted against it. The same 3 liberally slanted Rep. as shown in previous votes + 4.
    In Contrast.
    95% of Democrats voted against the bill to recognize marriage as only between a man and woman.
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00163

So the two parties could not be clearer in their stances on; "Parental Notification", "Abortion stances", and "Marriage Amendment" etc. and as voting shows.

Have a good one.

Take care.:wavey: Ralph

#35 Ralph III, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

99% of the responses on this thread are nonsense. To respond to the thread, if things get infinitely worse because democrats-liberals are elected, it is because republicans failed to lead and accomplish what they promised with all government branches in their control. They failed to control the borders, they mounted record deficetis, they have no common sense or strategy in Iraq, they failed to preceive the real threats to our country, so they deserve to lose, and big time.

That being said, it is OUR fault that these two pathetic parties are still the only choice. When the choice between the two gets painful enough, we will do something about it.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a sure fire way to get control of Congress.:BangHead:

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Bang your head all you want. It is that mindset that allows the pathetic choice between the two present parties. There are enough votes to beat both parties and break their lock on power, it just takes enough leadership and will.

19. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

At this point, we have a ruling party that's riddled with corruption political, financial, and sexual. We have a weak president who got us involved in a war even his own agencies agree made us more vulnerable to terrorism. He's trying to spend us rich with record deficits that will eventually have to be paid back. And he's managed to make the few nations that actually liked us, angry at us.

The GOP didn't replace the democrats. They became the democrats.

I'm just voting against incumbents, preferrably for a liberarian where available.

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

It won't happen overnight, but the grip that the two idoit parties we have now will be broken.

You continue to vote for the republican or the democrats and sleep easy at night. I am going to work towards real change and not just lip service.