1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if the Liberals Win in November?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 12, 2006.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Isn't that the truth!

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

How could ANYONE be more detrimental to America than GW Bush?

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

He couild be a liberal. Then he'd do things like run up a huge debt, greatly increase the power of the federal government, run up extravagant, new entitlement programs, bring homosexuals into the White Hoiuse and appoint them to positions in the government...

Uhh....:confused:

4. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Isn't it amazing how much POWER President Bush has? All alone, without help, he's the most detrimental!

The next president, be he/she liberal/conservative, will most likely be just as powerful.

5. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Yes. Hillary Clinton could! This is one, would you like another?

Ralph:wavey:

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I disagree, I think Hillary Clinton would be a much better president that George W. Bush!

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Spongebob wouild be a better president than George W. Bush. Way to lower the bar, Terry.

#47 The Galatian, Oct 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2006
  8. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Galatian, you made my day with that comment. :thumbsup:

9. bubba jimmy

bubba jimmy New Member

For those who really believe that the Republicans are the "pro-life" party, consider the case of Terrir Schiavo. Remember how Jeb stepped aside in deferrence to the court even though he represents a co-equal branch of government? Remember how President Bush flew back to Washington from Crawford just to sign the bill passed by congress attempting to intervene in the Schiavo case? The next morning, the polls results were releases showing that the American people mostly wanted to let her die. The "pro-life" Republicans fell immediately silent. Remarkably so. The hypocricy has been going on a long time.

10. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Good Grief! :rolleyes:

A) Terry Shiavo was sadly brain dead and in a vegetative state. This is however along an entirely different line. It is much different than a innocent child being murdered within the womb by having it's skull crushed, all the while flintching in pure agony! Upon which the brain is sucked out and the now dead baby is then tossed in the trash. There is no question as to where the Parties stand on that issue! As they publicaly state with their platforms and clearly shown in voting records!

B) With Terry Shiavo. I don't think the sides could have been more clearly drawn with that issue either. It amazes me someone would actually try to spin it. But the most glaring thing is what you forgot to mention! Which is the fact it was an ongoing ordeal over many years! Of which Jeb Bush, and other conservative groups, often stepped in on behalf of Terri Shiavo and her parents. With Liberals and other such groups being in complete opposition.

Snipets from Wikepedia.

Terry Shiavo was starved to death and died looking much like those in the German ghoulogs.

#50 Ralph III, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2006
  11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

As you put it... Good Grief! :rolleyes:

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By being what Hillary Rodham Clinton has demonstrated herself to be even before having the power.... vindictive, dishonest, controlling, and vicious.

Judging from the treatment of Ken Starr, Broderick, et al... I predict that a President Hillary would use every gov't device at her disposal to suppress religious conservative opinion and disempower the voices of those who most fundamentally and reasonably oppose her viewpoints on the issues.

She might well ring in the end of the de-christianization of America and the beginning of a new era of real Christian persecution beginning with silencing/denial of rights and ending with imprisonment, seizure of children and property, and worse.

Proof? Rosie O recently put a voice to feelings apparently held by many on the far left (which is where Hillary's heart truly is). She equated Christian conservatives and fundamentalists to Islamic terrorists/fundamentalists. IOW's, we are dangerous. We are the enemy. We need to be fought and destroyed if necessary.

In spite of the fact that Christian fundamentalists reject the notion of forced conversion or killing infidels, this kind of rhetoric resonates with those who are frustrated by our opposition to their social agenda.

#52 Scott J, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2006
  13. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

SOS (same old stuff)! :sleep:

14. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. This is nothing new for her at all. Right now, she is trying to figure out the right political formula to win. She of course won't consider herself bound by any of those positions once in office.

15. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

What part do you not agree with in my description Jamie?! That she did not die of starvation/dehydration? Or that she did not die looking much like those did in the German ghoulogs? Who were also starved! Would you like to set the record straight and describe exactly How she died?! Would you describe what she looked like upon such a death, with or without comparison?!

Wikepedia on dehydration and death from:
    Daily Standard in regards to dehydration and death from:

continued from Daily Standard, with survival story
    http://www.katesjourney.com/

Again what part of my description did you dissagree with. That Terri Shiavo wasn't starved to death? Or that she did not look much like those who were starved and often died from such in the German ghoulogs?

In Christ, Ralph

#55 Ralph III, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2006
  16. Blammo

Blammo New Member

What if the Liberals Win in November?

Sorry, my conservative friends, but I was just thinking; If liberals win in November, nothing will change all that much, we will just feel a bit more free to complain, and a bit more justified to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I will be disgusted, but why am I not disgusted today?

- Abortion is still legal (even partial birth) :tear:
    - The middle class is rapidly disappearing :tear:
    - The behavior of our politicians is as dispicable as ever :tear:
    - We measure the economy by how much debt people are willing to take on, and a record setting DOW :tear:

That's enough. I have many more thoughts, but that's enough. I am tired of lying to myself.

BTW, the Democrats are not the answer!!! It just doesn't matter, both parties are only interested in gaining and keeping power, and nothing will be done by either party for the betterment of America until that changes.

17. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

That is pretty bleak Blammo but I think many feel just as you in some respects. However to correct a few things.

*Bush and the Republicans introduced legislation to ban partial birth abortion! They were finally able to pass the legislation irrespective of Democrats attempts to stop it! Clinton vetoed such a bill twice! However, the ACLU in conjunction with some Liberal Judges managed to put a stay on it. Which the Supreme Court shall hear and decide upon next month. Most likely they will rule in favor of the legislation banning partial birth as the Pres. and Congress were able to pass. Again with complete opposition from the Democratic Party.

*The Republicans supported legislation requiring parental notification with abortion. In order for parents to have the right to know if their children were facing that predicament. That legislation barely failed and was due again from complete opposition from the Democratic Party.

Several other examples.

Your right though. If the Dem's win in November and manage to gain seats NOTHING will change in these regards and some will get worse. If the Rep. managed to pic up a few seats there would continue to be some changes in these regards and others. Despite how frustrated we may be.

I will vote Republican because I know at least some difference in some areas can be made. I will call my Representative and continue to complain where other things are lacking. It is all you can to but is better than electing a Party which takes pride in defending Abortion and such at every opportunity. Along with numerous other issues!:mad::tonofbricks:

Take care, Ralph

#57 Ralph III, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2006
  18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But progress has been made in the judiciary as well as funding. These trends will be reversed if libs win. Further, if you take a half dose of aspirin and your headache doesn't get better, do you stop taking aspirin or take more?

We have had GOP majorities but not conservative pro-life supermajorities which are needed to overcome the laws on the books.

To that extent, a loss this November could end up a good thing if it purges the GOP of liberals who have obstructed progress.
    Please cite your objective proof for this. Please prove that real incomes are down over the 10, 20, and 50 year trends. Please show that property ownership is lower. Please show that "real" poverty has increased.

If the middle class is "shrinking" because more are moving up, I'd consider that a good thing... I see little to no evidence that more are moving down. At worst, many are staying roughly the same.

Kind of playing that logic Dems use on budget "cuts" maybe? If it doesn't increase at your expected rate then that amounts to a decrease?
    True. All the more reason to fear liberals who will centralize even more power in DC.
    That much is true. The GOP needs chastisement for not fulfilling promises made to us going all the way back to 94. However, liberals in charge may well do great harm.

I wish there were a practical third option but there doesn't seem to be.

19. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Ralph III and Scott J,

Don't worry, I will vote for the right people when the time comes. Like I said, the Dems are not the answer. I just have to say, I am less than impressed with the leadership of the Republicans in the House, Senate, and Whitehouse, they should be running over the Democrats, but I don't think they know how to be on top. They are still acting like the minority.

20. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I guess I'll have to do some research for ya?
    Property ownership is not lower, the Banks own many more houses than they used to.
    I think the word "poverty" is overused. Very few (virtually none) live in poverty in the US. However, some people in my area are sharing houses and apartments, while others are buying or building $400,000+++ homes. Most people have a 30 year mortgage, one or two car payments, three credit card balances, and two adults working full time jobs. How does that compare with when you were young? When I was a child, the house will be paid off in 10 years, both cars are paid for, and Mom is home.

Staying the same is the problem, with such a booming economy, everybody (who is working hard everyday) should be moving up. I am a capitalist, but I have to tell you, it turns my stomach everytime I see this picture.

[​IMG]

I know exactly the game you are talking about. No, I don't play it.