1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if the Liberals Win in November?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 12, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It's quite accurate. Bush has said that he favors abortion in case of rape or incest. He's pro-abortion, with some reservations.

Normally, propagandists favor inflammatory language and exclamation marks. :laugh:

Quote:
    Galatian: "Blammo, they are simply leading you around by the nose. Bush is pro-abortion, with some reservations. Most of the GOP congresspeople vote for it, when they think it's safe.

They've been running things for years. When they want something, they do it. They don't want to make the majority of Americans (who want abortion for at least some reasons) mad at them. So they throw you a bone from time to time, and laugh abouit how easy it is to fool you.

That's the way it works. They're playing you for a sucker. And you're letting them do it. There are parties out there who do oppose abortion. But you won't vote for them, because you keep hoping the GOP will do it for you".
    (that must be some more of that "propaganda" stuff)

He said that if a female family member was raped an pregnant, and asked him for advice, that he wouild tell her it was up to her to decide whether or not to kill the baby.

He's said that abortion should be limited to cases of rape or incest. How can you support such a thing?

Yes, I do. Even if the baby is concieved under these awful circumstances, how can you justify killing it?

I'm just one way. I disagree with most Americans. And Bush. I'm pro-life. They aren't.

Opposed.

I don't belong to a party.

2. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Galatian I appreciate your opposition to abortion and being Pro-Life. However, your initial statements do amount to propaganda as I stated and were inaccurate. Propaganda "..the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person" A Democratic Politician could not have done a better job than you did.

No, propaganda can be subtle and deceptive. It is the effect which counts! I don't use inflammatory language simply to incite someone Galatian. I call it like I see it! Exclamation marks are for stressing one's points and feelings. In addition, I typically refrain from making statements which I am unable to back up but am never afraid to correct such if I ere. You on the other hand can make some doozies.:laugh:
    You must really feel sorry for poor Blammo and millions of others? Whom obviously have not enough sense to think for themselves? Ha. I don't feel sorry for Blammo because I don't doubt his intelligence.

Here you make a definitive statement but then actually destroy it yourself. In actuality, Bush is against abortion with a few exceptions! Such as mothers life, incest and rape. These are all rare instances given abortions today. Your statement is such as saying "I am all Pro-Diversity. Except I think it should be limited to a few rare things!" :laugh:

He is not Pro-Abortion and such is a complete misrepresentation of him and others. Though he does not take an absolute stance as you. I am strongly opposed to abortion and have spoken about it quite a bit. But if it is determined a mothers life is seriously in danger with a continued pregnancy; then I do not oppose aborting. How could you justify killing the mother by not allowing this rare instance? I don't believe in later terms with this, as a study was conducted by the medical field to show late term abortion was not necessary in saving a mothers life. As the baby could be removed and live, after a period of pregnancy.

Nobody could purely argue against your stance on abortion with rape/incest. Though I am opposed to abortion I could not bring myself to outlaw it, criminalize, with these rare instances. Maybe my stance will change in this regards or not. I simply could only offer support or comfort as a Christian. However, that final decision would have to be for those directly involved. Such would have to be in Jesus hands.

What?:confused: You make numerous posts proclaiming Bush and Republicans as exactly like the Democrats in regards to abortion etc. Which could not be further from the truth and as legislation/voting definitively shows. However you then state to Blammo "There are parties out there who do oppose abortion. But you won't vote for them, because you keep hoping the GOP will do it for you". Only I ask you to point out these parties and you come back to simply say you don't belong to a party?? You did not give me an answer nor did you address or legitimize your earlier statements. In fact it simply adds credence to my earlier conclusion "Seems like you just want to spew an attack upon Bush and the GOP". Who do you vote for, advocating, or do you opt not to vote and simply wanted to vent?

As it stands Galatian there are two parties to choose from. I may be disappointed in the Republicans and Bush in certain aspects. However in regards to many Christian issues such as abortion, there is no comparison! I don't understand your position if you are indeed so opposed to abortion. You advocate or offer discouragement in not voting for the GOP yet offer nothing in reply? The truth is this. If Democrats win the same will continue with legislation. Whereas many issues important to Christians, gay marriage/abortion, will be advocated and/or blocked. If the Republicans win then change may be slow but it will continue. As the majority of people make themselves heard on such as these issues.

To vote otherwise or to abstain from voting will simply again empower the Democratic Party. Who is all for abortion and indeed advocates such.

In Christ, Ralph:jesus:

take care

#82 Ralph III, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006
  3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

They tell you that, to keep you on the plantation, but it's not true. If you leave, and go to the Constitution party, they will change or they will die. And if they die, the Constitution Party will become the new alternative to the Democrats, one that is truly opposed to abortion, rather than one that only gives it lip service.

The ban on parial birth abortions won't save one infant. The abortionist only has to slightly change procedure, and it's legal.

I disagree with pro-abortion people, because I believe they are flat out wrong in assuming that a child is not a child until birth. But I am appalled at the moral depravity of one who says that abortion is killing an infant, and then says it's O.K. to kill it if it was conceived by rape or incest.

aspects.

You and about 220 million other Americans. He's the liberal Bill Clinton never dreamed of being.

4. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Honest brokers deserve to win against bush culture

Checks and Balances if anyone wins against the bush culture that makes Richard Nixon look like a saint.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope that the voters turn against the Democrats and the Republicans in November and instead give the Libertarians and the Greens a chance. :)

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Don't hold your breath. Me, I'm pulling for the Democrats!

7. North Carolina Tentmaker

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Man, you guys don't know what real liberalism is. You all seem to have confused centrists with leftists.