1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if you're wrong and we are right?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by William C, Feb 25, 2003.

1. William C

William C New Member

1. None of these benefits will matter in Eternity.
    2. These "benefits" only benefit you, no one else
    3. All of them apply to Arminians too (though I know that you think they can't apply to us, that is just your misapplication of our beliefs)

2. russell55

russell55 New Member

Mostly, I am just staying out of this conversation because it is built on a really silly premise, but I would really like to see some documentation for this statement that most acknowledged NT Greek scholars are not calvinistic. It seems to run counter to what my experience has been. (Perhaps it would be true if you include liberal scholarship and Roman Catholics--are you?)

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are also non-Calvinists who are Universalists, for example, Gerald Mann.

4. russell55

russell55 New Member

Abiyah,

I see your questions were never answered. Why don't I pretend I am of the Arminian persuasion and give them a shot? Then, if I am wrong, I'm sure someone will jump in and point that out. [​IMG]

A good portion of non-holiness arminians actually believe in eternal security. And even those who don't probably don't believe that everytime you sin you lose your salvation.

I sort of answered this in question 1. I don't really think that there are many who think that a little gossiping is enought to cause anyone to lose their salvation.
    I think that most do not believe that it is just one sin that causes you to lose your salvation, but rather a pattern of sinful behaviour--behaving really, really badly for a length of time.
    I can't answer this one.
    ....nor this one....

I believe most would say no. In fact, most would believe in an age of accountability, so even after a child could commit sins themselves, there is an age in which they are not held accountable for them.