1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What in the world?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jason Garrett, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/2...y-raise-fears-discrimination/?test=latestnews

How does preventing a lesbian woman from playing in the church softball league show Christ to her? Good night, nurse. Jesus reached people, in part, by forming relationship with them. Not by telling sinners to not associate with Him. Isn't He our example? Gosh, get to know this woman, follow the Holy Spirit's lead in reaching her, and maybe some day she will make a decision for Christ. But good grief, Bellevue. No one is asking you to endorse homosexuality. Geez. This militant form of Christianity continues to amaze me. God has not called us to do that.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I think the woman was more than just a player. She was a coach and therefore a leader (big difference). Plus, we do not have all the information. Was she also claiming to be a Christian? What were the other circumstances? The gay community loves to play the gay card any chance they get and will enflame any situation to futher the goals of their agenda.

3. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

What if her sin had been something else? Gluttony, or cursing, or alcoholism? The bible says sin is sin. The article said it was discovered she was a lesbian. I just don't think Bellevue would have told someone who, say, was discovered to have a challenge in their life with cursing to not play, do you? Nope. EVen if they called themselves a Christian. Give me a break.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Hello Mr. "I know exactly how the entire world will react to situations". Place your foot in your mouth after reading this article:

http://www.abpnews.com/content/view/5276/53/

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

God absolutely has called us to separate from those who call themselves Christians but refuse to repent of their sins.

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So would you allow her to coach the team to "show Christ" to her?

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I don't see what allowing her to play on the church softball team has to do with showing her Christ? Does the church now have to allow anyone to do anything to fulfill the Great Commission?

At the church I attend, there are things I am not allowed to do. I can't preach or lead the singing just because I might want to. This is not my place.

It is true that Christ would, no doubt, have shown this woman compassion. In fact, He will still do that, but Jesus would not have allowed her to become one of his apostles, just so she might not be offended.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
    1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
    1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

9. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

Maybe issues such as this are why my church participates in a city softball league, not a church league. We are commanded to "go and preach" not stay in our circles. Part of preaching, in my opinion, is living in the world (not of it) and showing the love of Christ to others in the hopes they will be persuaded in part by that to listening to God's call on their lives.

10. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, would you let a lesbian be the coach of the church team?