1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Income Level is "Free" HC

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Oct 1, 2013.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The deductable will get you even if you scrape the premium together.

Also it was indicated tonight on the news that the figure you get monthly is based on the tax credits at the end of the year indicating your monthly will be much bigger than what they are giving you in the form as your monthly payment.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, my subsidy equaled "0", so I would have to pay the full 270$ per month with no reimbursement coming. I'm pay check to paycheck now so I don't know how they call this affordable.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Nothing in life is free. The whole law is a sham. Yes, in the past, there were corporate abuses in the form of excessive premiums by insurance companies, pharmacies, and not giving coverage for preexisting conditions. Legislation could have been crafted to solve all of those, and cut out the excessive profits and abuse without government control.

For example, the SEC controls abuses for unfair and fraudulent market trading, but the stock market is not a government program. In the same manner, the health care industry problems could have been solved by laws but put in the private market.

You know what I have always wondered, how did medical care ( ie doctor visits and hospital stays) ever become connected to job benefits? Beyond that, how did health care ever become connected to the US government in the first place, such as the establishment of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965? If one thinks about it, Obamascare is just another step beyond Medicaid, etc towards total government control.