1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is a “Bible believing Church”?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by stilllearning, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Gods blessings to you.:cool: :cool:

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Songs aren't generally thought of as a teaching tool but a praise. Catechism's are a teaching. I've never read a Catechism that wasn't someone else's interpretation of scripture. Interpretation is where the truth gets lost it seems. Our explanations aren't any better understood than the original writings of the Word it self. It's those explanations that can sometimes add and take away from the truth of God. Whether intentional or not no one should trust in them exclusively. This in my opinion is why we are instructed to search the scriptures daily to see if those things told us are true.
    MB

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The phrase "Bible believing church" tells me where the church stands on one doctrine, the doctrine of sola scriptura and its view of Tradition. It does not tell me anything else about the doctrines of the the church like infant baptism and female ordination. Although churches that do emphasize the phrase "Bible believing" as a self descriptor are historically from traditions that are less likely to support those two positions.

#23 Gold Dragon, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008