1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is A Biblicist?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by IveyLeaguer, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I have never seen anybody at church carrying a leatherbound copy of Calvins writings or Arminius writings under thier arm to church.I am sure Calvin and Arminius were both good Godly men and they both gave us a lot to think about, but thier writing is NOT INSPIRED. We need to pick the roses and leave the thorns. The B-I-B-L-E yes that's the book for me.
    Anybody can be a Calvinist/Baptist Christian that is thier choice and God bless em. Anybody can be an Arminean/Baptist/Methodist/whatever/Christian and that is fine too. I am a Christian/Biblicist/Baptist and that suits me fine. If someone has a problem with that it is thier problem not mine.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Biblicist is much more than just Calvinism and Arminianism, I agree with pastor Larry, it is pretty meaningless no matter who uses it. Namely so because so many would call themselves a biblicist. This has been a really good discussion. Seems like everyone has kept a good spirit even though we don't all agree.

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well no meannest meant here but I disagree with both you and Pastor Larry. What you think is what you think and that is okay. The typical Biblicist will disagree with you both. The difference is while we would see your point you would deny ours.I don't mind that either since I am not under your tutelage.Outside of this particular issue you are probably fine fellows.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Contrary to the idea that there are no positions between Calvinism and Arminianism, some of them even have names (though seldom used and unknown to most). Here is a thread with some definitions of mediating positions and definitions within the positions.

Attempting Definitions

I think you must be logged in to click the link, since it is in the Archives.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've heard it used of non-sola Scripturists to describe sola Scripturists - anyone else come across this usage?

Yours in Christ

Matt