1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is a Reformed Baptist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 3, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

It came up in another thread what a Reformed Baptist is. The following is taken from the Reformed Reader, a website about Reformed Baptist history, theology, et.

2. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Is it necessary to adhere to everything in the London Baptist confession to be considered a Reformed Baptist?

3. ReformedBaptist

No. At out church adherence to the confession is not necessary for membership. There is another statement on our website for that. If one is to teach in the church, they must have substantial agreement to the confession, but not in every point. And if a person disagrees on a point, they must make it known. Of course, no one is going to teach in our church who hasn't been examined by the elders.

There are several in our church for example who disagree with the confession's identification of the Antichrist as the papacy.

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Glad I'm a Bible believing Regenerated Baptist.

5. ReformedBaptist

Me too. :thumbs:

6. rmered

rmered New Member

Me three, although I am very reformed.:smilewinkgrin: