1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is an anon ?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Jesusinme, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Jesusinme

Jesusinme New Member

I just got rid of incredimail. I was using it on a trial basis,But decided to settle with outlook express 5. But now every time I switch on my computer I get this little message that anon cannot automaticaly put me on line ? I use norton internet security and the system is wonderfull apart from this little problem :confused:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be one of two things.

Might be a file for incredimail; if you just deleted the incredimail directory, then you've created a problem.
    But, if you completely uninstalled incredimail (through its own uninstall program, or through Control Panel), then this isn't the answer.

If you completely uninstalled incredimail, then it might be a file for the Norton program you mentioned. Something in Norton might be trying to access the internet, but without a constant connection (like through cable or DSL), then it's recognizing that it can't connect.

I'd look at your Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs again, and see if Incredimail is still there. If so, try to uninstall it again. See if that helps.

3. Jesusinme

Jesusinme New Member

Thanks Don,

First I would just like to
    note that I gave you the wrong information? anon was the wrong word, I meant aconti.

when I open my pc it says that the dial up entry could not be created,the parimiter is incorrect?

I took your advice and checked the control panel anyway. Incredimale was totaly gone. I remember using there uninstall for this. I did find a file called aconti,I was shocked when I opened it but I deleted it right away. now the parameter incorrect message has disapeared. I also did a virus scan and all is ok. Sorry for the mixup but thankyou very much for the advice. [​IMG] I just cannot figure out how the file got there in the first place :confused: I have the only access and norton would have taken care of this or at least alerted me?

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if Norton didn't recognize it.

All the antivirus programs are built on a database; if the virus isn't in that database, the antivirus program doesn't catch it.

That's why you should update as often as possible.

5. Jesusinme

Jesusinme New Member

Yes i can understand this. a freind of mine said that norton are not always ahead but they are pritty fast in catching up. I have an automatic virus update with norton. It notify"d me of a new update this morning.