1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is Biblical repentence?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yet another Calvinist misinterpreting Romans 7:14-25. No born again Christian is "sold under sin" or brought "into captivity to the law of sin". Christians have been redeemed by the blood of Christ and have been made free from the law of sin and death (Rom 8:2).

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    {paul stated that we will be mastered by whatever we chose to submit ourselves to as Christians, so if we chose to submit to doing what the flesh wants, we will sin and be defeated, if we chose to submit to the Spirit, have that abundant jesus promised us@living

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, the Apostle paul in Romans 7 describes how a Christian lives when they do NOT rely upon the Holy spirit for empowering, and try to obey out of their own efforts/might!

We desire to do the right now being saved, but are weak to do that apart from the Holy Spirit enabling us to do such!

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Repentance is a change of heart (will, mind and emotions). It is the change of emotions from the love of darkness to the love of light. It is the change of mind from unbelief to belief. It is the change of will from resistance to submission. Repentance is a gift of God as it is the experiential side of regeneration. Regeneration is the power that changes the heart.

I don't believe in Lordship Salvation as defined by John MacArthur. I believe in perseverance in saving faith (1 Jn. 2:19) and preservation of the saints, but I do not believe in perseverance in good works by the saints, unless we are talking about variable degrees according to progressive sanctification.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the following, "Biblical Repentance"?

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Heb 8:9,10

Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 1 Kings 18:37

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; Romans 8:20 NKJV

Is the repentance toward God the hope spoken of above?

Please compare to:

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1 Peter 1:20

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think thsat is a key distinction, as I understand that the Lord calls us to be Holy, and to live as we should being saved, but LDS seems to stress US doing the work, while the Bible stresses HIM doing the work an and thru us!