1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is god

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by wulaishiwo, Apr 7, 2011.

?
  1. yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. wulaishiwo

wulaishiwo New Member

I heard an opinion says that god is something the governor invented to guarantee their dominance. They will tell people it god's idea when they want to release some new policy. People who believe god will follow the politics without hesitate. Review the history we can also found that the governor in middle ages are always the churches or the kings control by church. So I always believe god is just a heritage of that age. In modern age it's more of a spirit for people who believe it.

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Wulaishiwo, first, welcome to the board.

It would seem, from your post above, that you struggle to reconcile the concept or reality of God with your observations of human behavior or history. I can understand the difficulty, for it can be difficult to "see" God at work in a tangible way unless one looks with spiritual eyes, and even more so, to the evidence of His working instead of for something along the lines of political rational exercise that points to the existence of a very real God.

Do you have a concept of God, or are you searching for that?