1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is God's highest virtue?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

2. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

#42 Inspector Javert, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I am deep in the weeds, I don't think, scratch that, I KNOW I could not have expressed my thoughts with anywhere near the eloquence demonstrated by IG.

For some reason, and I cannot explain it, the emphasis on "God's Glory" has an hollow ring to it. The glory of God simply is, to me, because he "simply is" and all of creation, even though marred by sin, still reflects that glory.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the glory of God is, to be.

In the beginning, God.

Jesus the Son of God, born of woman was about to lay down his life. Die.

What is the contrast of God to dead idols, gods? Living, to be.

Jesus the one about to die the opposite of living, prayed; And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5 but did empty himself, the form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made, Phil 2:7 God self emptied in a Son born of woman, Jesus the Son of God.

Who by him (Jesus born of woman) do believe in God (the Father), that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God 1 Peter 1:21

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. (with Jesus, born of woman, the Son of God) Heirs of eternal life, glory. Romans 8:17

All because of the Love of God.

#44 percho, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point!

Would say its His Holiness, as that virtue allows Him to love perfectly, judge rightly etc!

7. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to clarify, I'm not asking what God's greatest attribute is (I'd agree w/ holiness). I am asking what is God's greatest virtue... what is the best thing that God can and does do? God doesn't do holiness, he is holy.

IMO, the best thing God does is to glorify himself.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isn't that why he permitted the Fall, and destined jesus for the Cross, for His greatest glory, and in the end, our best benefit, and all of creations itself also?