1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is going on in Christian circles?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, May 30, 2011.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thumbs up to you on this. :thumbsup:

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to get off the computer and go interact with people face to face. The thing about discussion forums is that it is an exchange of ideas. And though vitriol or personal animosity isn't justified, the truth is neither gentle nor kind to error. Quite the contrary, it's deadly.

We're not discussing flower gardens or needlepoint. We're discussing religion and politics, truth and justice. Politics is when one may righteously deprive another of life, liberty or property, and religion is the righteousness of that deprivation.

Leftists are liars and thieves. I'll call them liars and thieves, but that doesn't mean that if I happen across a Leftist who fell among his own kind that I wouldn't minister to his needs. Noncalvinists preach another gospel, and I'll call it another gospel, but that doesn't mean that if a noncalvinist begs for bread I'll give him stone.

Let's take the OP for an example. You're judging us based on the perceived civility in nonchristian discussion forums, on the manner of folks who would sooner see you fed to lions than to be told their idolatry and sodomy is an affront to God? You're judging us, who, if YOU had fallen among thieves would minister to your needs by the polite facades of those who would pass you by on the other side and laugh saying it served you right?

That is the height of myopia.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post Aaron......but you used too many words. LOL

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You are correct. We preach the proper Gospel.

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

And I've visited several other NON-CHRISTIAN forums where people could not write three words without saying the most vulgar and hateful words imaginable. I came within a hair of firing my blog host over the issue but they finally got their act together and started blocking some of the trash-mouth. You should try debating one of these Hitchens/Dawkins atheists - if you think what you see around BB is hateful and fowl you ain't seen nothin' yet!

6. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I don't know how many of you read the comics, but todays Dilbert comic is applicable to the topic in this thread.

The setting is a meeting at work.

The new man says "How can you compare outsourcing to our restrooms?"

Dilbert says "UM... I didn't say anything remotely like that."

Dilbert follows up by saying "Did you learn to debate on the Internet?"

The new man says "How can you tell?"

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Subtract 234 words and this will be a perfect post. :tongue3:

Leftists are liars and thieves...why would they be liars and thieves anymore than rightists?
    Humans are humans no matter which side they lean towards. Always have been, always will be. The good thing as that not as many leftists hide behind a mask of Christianity. I can't think of anything more evil than falsely using Christianity and the name of Jesus to boost credibility. Even if the goal of one side is better, the way both sides reach their goals is typically the same and includes a lot of nastiness.
    Blech.

How about just saying that humans in general are liars and thieves? Gets more true every day and will continue to do so, sadly enough.