1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Hyper-Arminianism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Amen my Brother. When Christ is not the center of our worship then we are wrong. As I so often say it is not about me or any other person it is all about Christ!

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The banal tendency towards truculency coupled with bromidic emendations is often wearisome. :)

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And some Bicarbonate of Soda and H20 should provide some relief for that condition Dave. If not then Milk of Magnesia & you will be regular in no time. You will even be talking normal Im thinking. :smilewinkgrin:

4. quantumfaith

:laugh::thumbs::thumbs:

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

It is logically EXPECTED that a hyper-Arm would be well known, and that a hyper-Cal would remain unknown. The hyper-Arm is going to evangelize, they will air the gospel on radio and TV, they will send many people out to evangelize. The hyper-Cal will withdraw into isolation and wait for people to come to them. So, it is logical and expected that hyper-Arms would be far more known than hyper-Cals.

If believeing God only loves the elect is a position of hyper-Cals, there are several well known.

"God loves whom he chooses. He does not love everybody"- A. W. Pink

That quote was taken from a John MacArthur article where he writes of the increasing danger and numbers of hyper-Cals he has encountered in recent years. He said Pink's view is hyper.

"You make the love of God common to all men, and that we constantly do deny."- John Knox.

There are many hyper-Cals out there, but it should not be expected they would be as publically known as hyper-Arms because they do not publically proclaim the gospel to others.

6. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Good point! People know Charles Finney but not the dude that told Wm Carrey to "sit down," for this very reason. :thumbs:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well now..... My younger brother used to come to my house & annoy me with "If you die, would you go to heaven?"

A church down the street would hand out laminated cards saying the same thing with scripture..... In the garbage.

I viewed them as annoying & religious nut jobs.

I never saw those tactics save anyone....quite the reverse, they strengthened my resolve to stay far far away from those people (I considered them chumps & pains in the....)

Well I conclude that maybe that tactic works for some people but never a guy like me. To me sin is like heaven. Got anybody like that in your church? Let say there is a guy who makes 90 Grand a month distributing drugs to people (mostly kids.... he has young white guys who are in the high schools working as horses for him) & it isn't even pot (thats low profit chump change)... its pills mostly obtained from doctors who get a piece of the action in exchange for writing scripts. Think about it, "90 Grand a month (Tax Free)". What are you going to say to him? I ask cause I'm curious? You cant say jack.....sin is the dominant source & its looked at like its reality & common sense. To me anyway, it was the only reality in the world and everything else was lies, confusion, hypocrisy, sentimentality, pietistic falsehood & delusion. And if any of these guys come from a poverty background....look out!
    (evidence the destruction of Detroit through crack cocaine trafficking through poor families from Arkansas).

No my brothers & sisters, only God can save these types of miscreants (& I count myself as one of these). My testimony is on record & I wont bore you with it. For my type (and Im firmly convinced of it to my dieing day) God has to drag you kicking & screaming to your salvation, totally change your heart & give you a conscience, and all the sinner can do is look up with amazement & say thank you Lord.

So maybe there is two types of saved people in here trying to legitimize their salvation theologies.....As for me, I am firmly entrenched with the Doctrines of Grace folks.

#67 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying you support Hyper-Arms & their gospel simply because they evangelize?

9. Skandelon

No, he is saying that the reason P4T has heard of hyper-Arms is because they do evangelize and are "out there," where as hyper-Cals wouldn't be.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so would you consider people like Rob Bell modern day Hyper Arms? I need a guide post.

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I don't exactly see Copelands' and Savelles' and Hinns' ministries as "evangelizing." Merchandising? Yes. Evangelization? Naw.

I see them then as a real, tangible danger.

I want to see a hyper-cal church that preaches against preaching and evangelization. Not really, but you know what I'm saying.

- Peace

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think there is more to this than just that snippet:

"You make the love of God common to all men, and that we constantly do deny."- John Knox.

13. Skandelon

Point taken :thumbsup:

But the real point is that they are "out there" which is why you might know of them while not knowing of the closet anti-evangelical hypers-Cals.

But there is nothing to really worry about. God is sovereign, right? They don't peddle their junk without His say so. And, according to your doctrine, all the same numbers of people will go to heaven regardless of what havoc these charlatans reek upon weak minded people.

I listed several who believe this way but you have yet to acknowledge them as being "real."

14. Skandelon

Also, there is nothing "Arminian" about these guys except that they are not Calvinists. Rejection of Calvinism doesn't make one necessarily "Arminian."

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh well played......manipulate a serious flaw in your own theology to make it appear its our flaw. Still the problem rests with your theology (it makes for false prophets) or should I say Profits. LOL:laugh:

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What flaw? Skandelon is correct. Is a muslim an arminian since they are not a calvinist?

...and didn't you just send me a PM saying you were tired of the attacks here :rolleyes:

#76 webdog, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  17. quantumfaith

Ouch :tear::tear:

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then would you say that Arminism can naturally play out to be humanism? I'm perceiving it that way.

19. Skandelon

Only in the manner that Calvinism might "naturally" play out to be fatalism or anti-evangelism.

20. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

According to God's doctrine all that are His will come to Him. I just happen to embrace this truth whole-heartedly.

And another thing about Gods doctrine, He tells me to preach against them. So I have and will.

But His ways are above our ways. I just simply trust Him. After all, He gifted me with the faith to do so.

- Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.