1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is KJV ONLY?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 11, 2007.

?
  1. Is it a conviction?

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Is it biblical?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Is it both

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Is it neither?

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

You certainly did. I am a KJVO. You established that as a KJVO, I am a "cult" member. We agreed on definitions for the term and I have no qualm with being a "cult" member by the definition we agreed to. You further alleged that Cult members tend to operate as flatterers and parasites. Since I am a KJVO Cult member you are alleging that I am a parasite. Now as a KJVO Cult Parasite I have asked you who my host is and you say that the error of KJV Onlyism is my host which sounds quite circular and the corporate body of its followers are my host which I guess means that we are all parasites towards each other?

2. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I said they are sycophants and then YOU offered some selections of what a sycophant can be and I chose two, never of course directly saying that was you only stating Cult members tend to be...flatterers and parasites. But this is really not important.

If you readily identify yourself as a cult member, that is on you. The host of course is the doctrine and the body of those who believe it are parasitic to that error. However, the body becomes a source of partial parasitism where not only is the insipid doctrine the source for the concoction of spiritually disabling poison that enables one to live but cruelly maladjusted in this regard, but the need to constantly receive validation from other parasites becomes necessary to buffet the conscience of the believer trapped in this sycophantic dilemma. In effect their noise becomes essential along with the doctrinal error. So you asked and I believe I have answered thoroughly of course trusting the integrity of your words that you were ready for more instruction.

3. 4boys4joys

4boys4joys New Member

Due Respect.

The decision to use the KJV or to use other versions of the Bible is a choice we all have to make that is between us and God himself. I have this question ? Why are those that only use the KJV in a cult ?

On a personal note,when I get it right and learn how to live from one version then maybe I might find another one.

People who only use the KJV get called being part of a cult faster than any other group of believers of anything, anywhere. According to the definition of cult posted here anyone who just uses NIV or RSV would be considered a cult member and I don't see anyone accusing them of being in a cult. Just because you do not agree with the views of someone that uses only one Bible in particular does not mean they are in a cult, or in insipid error. Last time I checked it out we are in a free country, and my wanting to use one Bible is my choice,opinion and right . I am not in error I just have a different opinion and I am allowed to do so.

You can say you do not agree, but how can you say anyone is wrong when it is all about opinion in the first place. If you use the KJV according to definition you are in a cult. But if you use the NKJV,NIV,RSV, and Living Word than you are in a cult too. In fact anyone who holds to any belief other than the worlds system would be in a cult.

It is totally fine to have a preference on what Bible you use or don't. But is it fair to categorize one group as being a cult or being in error when they could accuse you of being the same if you put it in a literal sense as some did earlier. I do not think it is a problem of all versions just an attack on those who only use the KJV. There is this assumption that people that choose this are judging those who do not, or try to make them look "less Holy". But are the opponents of that judging as well ?

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not that certain people only use the KJV. It's that they believe that no other Bible versions are acceptable (a mild form). Others believe that other Bible versions are of the devil (a strong form). Others (strangely enough) actually believe that the KJV is God (a very, very, very extreme form).

I have never encountered a single Christian (read: not a mormon or a Witness) online or in person who believes that any modern version is the only acceptable version. Some people may exclusively use one version, but I don't have any problem with anyone using a mainstream (read: not heretical like the NWT) translation. I've never heard ANYONE say that the KJV was of the devil, and I'd be the first to denounce such garbage if I ever heard it. And I've definitely never heard anyone say that the NIV, NASB, or any other modern version is God.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I think it begins as an opinion and then becomes a conviction for some.