1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Liberalism?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JustChristian, Mar 25, 2009.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What happens when you mix politics and religion? You get politics. Politics stands in opposition to the nature of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Politics is about powering over people and compromising essentials to acheive peace. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about coming underneath people, encouraging them up and acheiving peace through service and humility.

(btw, I'm using religion in the same way James uses it in the first chapter of his epistle.) :)

If one's faith is defined by politics we have nullified the faith Jesus gave us. The Church isn't the State and the State isn't the Church.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I certainly agree with this statement. That's why I argue that the intimate association of some evangelical groups with the Republican party or with specific candidates has done significant damage to the church.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there is without a doubt the intimate association of far left Christians with Barack Obama and the Democratic party even though they support the unfettered slaughter of unborn children. These children are being sold out fora liberal political agenda. And quite frankly it is obviously disingenuous to act as if they aren't.

#23 Revmitchell, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  4. DrRandyGrace

DrRandyGrace New Member

I agree with Rev.