1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is love?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Helen, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Rippon read the above post on top of this page must be over 15 verses!

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Frenchy . My oversight . If they don't see those truths that you furnished by listing those verses -- it is just willfulness , stubborn willfulness .

DeeJay , what are you going to do about those passages of Scripture for starters ?

3. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Rippon that is what i said in my heart. I just recently learned all about the truths on election this summer, and there was NO way i could ignore these verses, i had to humbly admit God was right all along and i was wrong.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I am going to consider them truth and try to work out the meaning along with other scripturs that seem of contradict ( but do not, I know ). And what are you going to do with those scriptures that say whosoever, ignore them, change the meaning of the word, world.

I have posted above that the scriptures the Frenchy posted are compeling. You missed that just like you missed the scriptures that were posted. It is obvious that you did not read any of the posts. You are in such a hurry to enter a thread and assert your position in a rude manner that you can not even take time to read the posts.

I am learning alot from the conversation I have been having with French. He is explaining his possition very well and I am finding myself in agreemnet with alot of what he says. His last post to me was very clear and makes alot of sense.

I tell you what I am not going to do. Listen to somebody who comes into the middle of a conversation and demands that everybody believe just because he said so and that anybody who does not agree with him has only man centered, stuboren, willfull ideas.

I have reasonable questions and we are having a reasonable conversation. Besides is calvenisem the only thing you ever post on. Is it the only demention of your faith. What percentage of your posts are non calvanisem related?

Since this is now another Rippon, you must be a 5 point calvinist or you are willfully disobeying thread, I will leave you to it Rippon. You must have been board with the other 25 calvinest posts you have going on?

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in-between classes when I responded to your thread DeeJay . Sorry that I did not spend the proper time in reading it .

You should pull up my profile sometime to see my posts .

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Speaking of ignored scriptures, how about these ones. The OP is What is Love after all.

I submit that based on the below three verses. Either salvation is possable for every person or God does not love the un-chosen.

7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

And again I ask the question:

Is it ok for me to see a neighbor in need and not help take care of that need?

I will take it farther.

If I see three people drowning in a swiming pool, and I have the ability and means to save all three. Is it ok for me to pick one and save him only? Let the other two drown.

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Ok, I count 36 out of your last 50 posts are directly related to Calvinisem. The rest are related to Bible translations with one on JFK and 2 on DL Moody.

Still not a very wide interest with all the subjects Christianity has to offer.

9. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Hi DeeJay i am a woman i notice a few have mistaken me for a man.

10. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Deejay according to your question above I answered that on my first two post on the thread SIN, of course if see someone in need and we are "able" to meet that need i say that we should. that is something i pratice in my veryday life, to the extent of my husband "saying why did you do that" and my response is "because it is the RIGHT thing to do"

11. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

WHOSOEVER...