1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is made by man in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, Aug 13, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Florida Boys, among others, sang a song called Scars In The Hands Of Jesus written by Marijohn Wilkin (1920-2006). The song opens with these words:

Now I know that it is just a song. But is the Ark of the Covenant in Heaven?

So my question is about Revelation 11:19:

Revelation 11:19 (KJV) And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Interesting question and thread!

Based on Revelation 11:19, the ark WILL be in heaven. Is it there now? We don't have any evidence either way. It could be there now, or could be moved there in the future.

3. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I think more likely the ark in Rev 11 is the true heavenly ark which was the model for the OT ark.

Heb 8:4-5 HCSB - Now if He were on earth, He wouldn't be a priest, since there are those offering the gifts prescribed by the law. These serve as a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was warned when he was about to complete the tabernacle. For God said, Be careful that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown to you on the mountain.​