1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is meant by being "grafted in" and "cut off?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Answer this simple question Aaron.

Can an individual branch who is once attached to "true Israel" and the root of Christ be cut off from that, or not?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude. You don't. You do not believe the Gospel. You deny the Scriptures and the power of God, and you think you are interpreting this passage correctly?

Here's the discussion in a nut shell:

Scandal: The tree is the means of revelation.

Aaron: No, it's an entity.

Scandal: That's what I meant. Now I want to make multiple small revisions until we're both saying that the focus is the means of revelation so I can read my soteriology into it.

Aaron: Can't go there and be loyal to the Scriptures at the same time.

Scandal: Gil said it was an operation.

Aaron: No he didn't.

Scandal: Answer this question that has nothing to do with the passage.

Aaron: Nope. :type:

Scandal: Quitter!

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Dude, accusing me of not believing the gospel is clearly a violation of BB rules. You need to edit that and repent for your disrespectful and rude behavior. There may be some debatable matters in scripture, but the command to treat each other with love is not one of them. I will continue to be respectful toward you, but will not allow statements like this to go without proper rebuke.

My actual quote from post 28: "In the OT the revelations of God came through Israel... In the NT the revelations of God come through his Bride..THE CHURCH"(both "entities" by the way, and both you and Gill later affirm as being representative of the tree)

Your actual quote from post 29: "The tree is the Israel of God, the true chosen nation, born of the Spirit and not of the flesh, true children of Abraham by faith, true Jews, the Church. Christ is the root, and the "fatness" or "nourishment" is what gives the tree life, the Spirit.

And your actual quote from post 32: "In Romans 11, the tree is the true Israel, the natural branches are those who are children of Abraham by blood, Those without faith were cut off."

My actual quote from post 35: "So those who don't believe are cut off from "true Israel," which means they are separated from Christ (the root) and the Spirit (the nourishment)? But doesn't being cut off from something imply one was once attached to it? How is one attached to Christ and being nourished by the Spirit get detached?"

NOTICE: In post 29 you indicate that all those the tree is true Israel, the root is Christ and the nourishment is the Spirit, but then you indicate that the branches cut off the tree were those without faith, which lead to my question above, which you have yet to answer.

If the shoe fits.... :smilewinkgrin: