1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is not evangelism?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Nov 1, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I should do more of this.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok I will try one more time, please go point by point in my post and show me where you disagree. Until you do that your objection to my post has no meaning.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Edited] I am not going point by point in your long post.

#43 evangelist6589, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not? You said he was wrong. Show us. Acting like a 2 year old is not going to give you any credibility, but backing up your statements with facts could do so.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as I thought. Listen, if you are going to make bold claims then you need to be able to back them up. Backing up bold claims means doing the work. Otherwise what you say is just shallow garbage. Apparently your assertions are wide on claims and only an inch deep on substance. You have been exposed as the bearer of false doctrine. Maybe you need to spend more time on worrying about your own false doctrines than you do everyone else.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not promoting any false doctrine! Especially since I get my ideas by godly men who write books.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just asking a question. Why do so many ignore the Mark GC?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea that is debatable. I doubt Devers espouses your false teachings. Nearest I can tell is you take a portion of what good reliable authors write and ignore the rest to support your presuppositions. I get my ideas from scripture.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What false teachings? Stop lying.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hate to mention this BUT- in New York State - if you received a 65% on the State Regents - you not only pass the Regents, but the entire course. Yes, even if you had an average of 20% for the entire year.

Just to clarify - the NY State Regents is the final exam in about 25-30% of all High School subjects. -If you have a Regents- you do NOT take a local HS final exam.

All Public schools are required to give the Regents - Private schools are not.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My posts are actually based or come right from his book which you have never read yet you assume I am teaching something differently.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably one of the most off topic posts in the history of baptistboard. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right I have never read it. I do not that what you espouse is false and Devers is well grounded. There is no way he would ever espouse the garbage you put out.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is completely false on all counts. Saying I am promoting garbage yet you can't even tell me of my false teachings. You are an accuser!

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he goes silent... please tell me my false teachings.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Woooh! Look when you can go back to my "long" post and refute the scripture and points then you may, (just maybe) will have some credibility. Further I just bought Devers book and read chapter 5 "What isn't Evangelism". You have misrepresented what he said. Either you have a reading comprehension problem or you are just reading something into his book that is not there. I suggest you go back and reread it.

Devers does talk about social action as not being evangelism but he shows that only when those actions do not include the delivery of the gospel from scripture. He is not talking about mowing someone's lawn in order to earn the opportunity to be heard.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, patience young man I was posting as you wrote this. Your teaching that standing on the street corner alone and preaching at people with no concern for their salvation and no concern that they are discipled is a false teaching contrary to the great commission. I will refer you to my earlier post you avoid like the plague for further scriptural support.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody in this thread, except you, ignores the Great Commission. There is only ONE Great Commission, not 5. One in Matthew, one in Mark, one in Luke, one in John, and one in Acts? NO! Just ONE!

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Go into all the world, and preach the Good News to the whole creation, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." When he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit! You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you. You will be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost parts of the earth."

There is the Great Commission. All of it. You cannot pick and choose which part you want to obey. It is all or nothing.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No wonder New Yorkers are so stupid! :D:D:D

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that. And as I said which you missed or did not listen I knew of churches that would do these kinds of things and WOULD not present the gospel. To them evangelism was all about public involvement and being involved in the mercy ministries and what not but rarely would they present the gospel.

I never once said that Christians could not do these things and not present the gospel.

Now read my what is not evangelism part II post. The results of evangelism.