1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is PRIDE?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ztheberean, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ztheberean

Ztheberean New Member

Pride Strong’s Greek # 5244- Showing one’s self above others, despising others, or even treating them with contempt, an overweening estimate of one’s means, or merits.

Pride Strong’s Greek # 5187- Render insolent, blind in conceit and pride, foolish, or stupid in the wisdom and understanding of the word of God.

Those who say that they have free-will make the word of God have no effect upon them, this is because they have learned this by men’s tradition (Mk 7:11 & 13). Don’t you remember that Jesus warns us (to stay away from) the doctrine of the Pharisees?? (Math 16:11-12) Believers who are under these (popular religious leaders of today) are into the evil things of pride, foolishness, (ignorance of the word of God), deceit, and covetousness. These evil things cause them to be defiled (Mk 7:21-23).

Those who are proud love preeminence [in dissimulation] #5244- These prideful believers are under the condemnation of the devil (1Tim 3:6); Because they love darkness more than the light (of this knowledge, in it’s truth) because their deeds are evil. These believers will not come to the light because they know that their deeds will be exposed (Jn 3:19-20); Believers who are willing to do the truth will come to the light because they know that God can work His truth into them, so that it’s light could come out of them (Jn 3:21).

God’s work is glorious (Ps 111:3, Lk 13:17); Do you know what the glorious work of God is? It is God creating Christ in us through His workmanship, (and through this process) we can do the good that we were ordained to do from the beginning, and this is God’s gift to (His elect) so that they could not boast (Eph 2:10-8); And this GIFT of God needs to be asked for (Jn 4:10).

Condemnation- Strong’s Greek # 2920- The present danger of judgment, and sentence of punishment.

Whosoever is angry with their brother/sister without a cause is in danger of judgment, and hell fire (Math 5:22); These believers moved themselves into John 3:16 (because they are under a false teacher), which is against God working the truth into us, so that it’s light (of this knowledge) could come out of us (Jn 3:21) For this wisdom is only justified by it’s children (Math 11:19).

Believers who are without (the fruits of) repentance call Jesus a friend of sinners (Math 11:20-19); And these cannot learn (11:29); And all of this is because the religious leaders of today are not teaching what judgment and the love of God is. And Jesus says that there is a WOE upon these teachers, because they rather love greetings, and the better seats, and outward appearances, but inside these (false) teachers are full of all wickedness (Lk 11:42-43 & 39).

These teachers are taking away this knowledge from believers, and hindering them from entering (into the kingdom) (Lk 11:52); Remember that Jesus warns us to stay away from the false doctrine of these religious leaders? (Math 16:11-12); This is because they are hypocrites (Lk 12:1); These proud teachers know nothing but doting (flattering others);And because their conclusions (in the word) are evil, they are moved by envy, they backbite, and are contentious (with those who have) these words of God. (1Tim 6:4)

These are lovers of their own selves (as are they who subject themselves under these teachers), and they despise those who are good (2Tim 3:2-3); And all of this is because they have not been crucified with Christ, so it is still “THEM” living (for their own selves) rather than Christ living in them and over them (so that they could live and be for others) (Gal 2:20).

These prideful teachers (and the believers under them) go around telling everyone that they are “sinners” (who are saved by grace), which makes Christ the minister of sin, which God has forbidden Him to be (Gal 2:17); This is why only evil pursues these sinners (Prov 13:21); And sinners cannot stand in the congregation of the righteous (Ps 1:5); This is why God has mercy on “sinners” by calling them to repentance so that they could LEARN HOW to not be this sick (Math 9:13-12, Mk 2:17, Lk 5:32).

Sinners Strong’s Greek # 268- Heathen who are wicked, and have specific definite vices or crimes.

It is spiritual PRIDE to say that you are serving God and you are ignorant of the word of God. (Ps 119:21, Is 3:12, 9:16, Jer 23:32, Matt 22:29, Mk 12:24, Heb 3:10, Jm 1:16) God says that those who are proud hearted are an abomination to Him, and these will not go unpunished (Prov 16:5); And proud hearted believers are into striving with others (28:25); And this is because they speak evil of the things that they don’t understand in the word of God, and these are going to perish in their own corruption (2Pet 2:12, Jd 1:10).

Why is this? Because they cannot cease from sin, and they are unstable because they have forsaken the “right way”, and they can only speak words of vanity, and this is how they allure believers through the lusts of their flesh, while promising them liberty (the kingdom of heaven), while they themselves are the servants of corruption, who are in bondage. (2Pet 2:14-15, 18-19) God says that it would have been better for these teachers/believers to have not known the way of righteousness, then after they have known it, to turn from the holy commands that were given unto them (2Pet 2:21). God calls these “dogs” because according to the proverbs, they return to their “own” vomit again. (2:22)

Believers who want to remain ignorant of these spiritual truths, let them remain ignorant, because God is a God of order, However, this is not for salvation (by remaining ignorant of these things) but rather for decency, and order. (1 Cor 14:38 & 40)
    In Jesus name, Amen.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: If conscience testifies to anything it tetifies to the possession of a free will. Deny it if you will, but be careful, your philosophy is showing.

#2 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008
  3. Ztheberean

Ztheberean New Member

Thank you for your response, however where is the scriptures verse for us having free-will?? I think I will stay with what the scriptures say which are:

God calls “our own will” evil (Jm 4:16 &13); God also says that believers who are in "their own will" are in lusts because the devil is their father (Jn 8:44); And this is all because they haven't learned how to crucify their lusts so that they could become Christs (Gal 5:24); Consequently, because these believers have "their own will" still present within them, they cannot perform any good (Rom 7:18).

4. Ztheberean

Ztheberean New Member

I forgot to add one more critical verse for you concerning "our will" which God calls evil, and you seem to think He doesn't since you have not responded after I gave the scirptures which are against "your position"...

Believers who are "self-willed" are also presumptuous, because they are walking in the lusts of their flesh (2Pet 2:10).

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If one had never had the Scriptures presented to them, would they be devoid of all truth concerning God, themselves, justice, etc? God has not limited the revealation of truth to simply the Scriptures. The truth is that if God did not give us some intuitive principles and truth and wisdom you would have no way of uncovering the truths of Scripture. Of a truth, God has revealed truth to man in many more ways than simply Scripture. There are indeed some truths that only be ascertained from the reading of Scripture, but free will is not one of them. One undeniable truth concerning the free will of man via Scripture is the clear idea of culpability and accountability, without freedom of the will would be absurd.

If one is going to plumb the depths of history, will he pick up a science book to establish the validity of it? If one is going to study the science of optics, will it do him any good to attach a couple of coke bottles together and spend his time starring through the open ends at the stars? We would emphaticaly say no. If one is going to intelligently look into a particular field of study, one would go directly to the best source available to us that could establish irritable truths concerning our subject.

The issue of free will primarily deals in the arena of the mind and how it makes choices. If one desires to go straight to the source given to us by God to establish notions surrounding the issue of our will, we would do well to look carefully into the mind and how it functions as testified to us by the conscience God instills within us, establishing a sound mental philosophy. It is not that Scripture cannot or will not reveal truth to us in this area, but Scripture is not the primary source of revelation concerning these truths to man. Men who have never read a page of Scripture can understand and comprehend that man has a free will from the testimony God gives to us via conscience.

Every one of us is a philosopher as well as a theologian. We have to carefully examine both to see if and where our error lies when there is a glaring discrepancy. We may allow many questions to exist within our theology or philosophy, but we should never entertain clear asurdities or contradictions. Our duty should be to examine all the evidence God gives us from every source He makes available, and to see if in fact we error as a theologian and or as philosophers.

Deny as you will as a theologian the fact that man has a free will, but you live and choose in accordance to the principles of free will every day in your actual life. Your denial of such a clear fact revealed to us by conscience, and attested to us by the Sciptural fact that God holds man personally morally accountable to Him, is a clear indication to me that you error both as a theologian and a philosopher.

6. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Brother, are you saying I can not be saved because I believe in free will of man? I hope that is not what you are saying?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus: "O, Jersualem....how I wanted to gather you as a chicken gathers her hens... but... YOU WERE NOT WILLING".

Pretty cut and dried.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's what I got from that too :tear:

9. Ztheberean

Ztheberean New Member

They were not willing because GOD has to make us willing (Phil 2:13); So Jesus is saying, they were not willing because GOD did not make them willing. Pretty cut and dry. next?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What? So Jesus was lamenting over something He didn't do...and that is supposed to be "cut and dried"?

Maybe the text should have said "O how I wanted to gather you...but you were not willing because you were not granted the abilty to be willing"

That is like me "lamenting" over my son for not putting the dishes away...when I have him locked in his bedroom all day. Your explanation lacks any kind of logic whatsoever.

Next?

#10 webdog, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  11. Ztheberean

Ztheberean New Member

I guess you think that Jesus and God the Father are the same??? It seems that you don't have an understanding of the scriptures, If what your saying is correct, then there would be a contradiction in the scriptures. Jesus does not open everyone's understanding of the scriptures. Lk 24:45

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trivia. Who said this...

"I and the Father are one"

Hint...begins with a "J" and ends in "S" :)

#12 webdog, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...translated: if a common sense rendering of Scripture disagrees with my theology...it is a "mystery", and mankind cannot truly understand it.

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Oh God, open my eyes to your Word and truth, and grant to my heart understanding. Then Oh Lord, help me find the strength to keep my heart in line with my understanding.