1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Promise Keepers?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jul 27, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

A friend of mine invited me to this mens conference called Promise Keepers. Has anyone ever gone to this? Thanks Tali

2. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I have no doubt that you have access to the internet seeing that you are here posting and I am sure you are quite aware of how to do a search and read all about them and make some significant determination with the internet resources available...or did you want to see a nest of hornets swarm?

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I thought their wives weren't letting them have conferences anymore.

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Hey Tali,

It is a HUGE men's ministry that holds conferences across the United States each year. It was either founded by or he had a large part to play in the organization of it Bill McCartney.

My personal opinion it is a conference to go and get all emotionally jazzed up with very little meat or strong meat taught.

If you are wanting to go for an enjoyable evening to hear some music and some milk-based teaching then go with those expectations if there is more than that you can get excited, but that way you won't be expecting more and be left disappointed :).

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I think they do their own thing :).

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is a great program for men calling them to spiritual leadership in their homes.

Women's ministries that do a similar thing for women are far more popular these days -- but if you go to a Promise Keeper's mega-meeting you will have a great time. No sense in letting the women have "all" the fun.

in Christ,

Bob

7. eightball

eightball New Member

I think that this was a bonfide, valid question, that didn't need this kind of rebuke-type reply from I assume a loving, understanding Christian responder. It's also responses like this that can turn away one who is not saved and is seeking God. It just baffles me how we are all saved by "grace" yet when we are saved so many start to act and communicate in a way that makes you wonder if they found the answer to self earned merit before God, minus His grace ( unmerited or unearned favor) through His Son's work of redemption.

The Promise Keepers website will indeed give information, but personal experience from attendee's of these conferences, might also contribute some important input to this questioner.

Many ministries have very solid doctrinal statements of faith, yet seem to have abherrations that aren't revealed without one actually being their and hearing what is being said, taught, or propounded to the masses.

#7 eightball, Aug 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question: What is Promise Keepers?

Answer: Expensive :)