1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Sin?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Eladar, Jan 6, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Romans 4 and 5 we find the point repeated - where there is no law - there is no sin.

In Romans 7 we are told that the Law of God informs us about what sin is.

In Romans 3 we find that the law has condemned all mankind under sin.

The fact that someone does - or does not "know that" does not change the fact.

In Christ,

Bob

2. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Could Adam die before he ate the fruit?

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Romans 4 and 5 we find the point repeated - where there is no law - there is no sin.

In Romans 7 we are told that the Law of God informs us about what sin is.

In Romans 3 we find that the law has condemned all mankind under sin.

The fact that someone does - or does not "know that" does not change the fact.

In Christ,

Bob
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, before the Law was "added" in written form to point out sin and to "increase" sin as it were, it was God Himself that convinced of sin, Just as Jesus said the Holy Spirit again would do - on His behalf so to speak. Christ the Word of God or Law of God had been before the Law "came", and when after the Law Grace = Christ, had come, He in Person represented / represents the Law of God, being its very identity. Everything included in the written form of God's Law and million times more, are contained in this Living Word of God. But never anything contrary.
    "What would Jesus do?"

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ the revelation of God is Christ the Law of God.
    You, Bob, are acquainted with the expression 'the Law is the expression of God's character'? You will find that fully and in truth really only in Jesus Christ. He lives, goes the song, within my heart.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adam had died eternal death the moment the idea had entered his heart. Adam had becme a sinner before his hand obeyed his sinfull promptings. He was already a lost soul before he even saw Eve having fallen victim to the same fate.
    But before all this in the eternal council of God these two parent-sinners had been redeemed by the eternal blood of the Lamb of God. God's love!

6. Eladar

Eladar New Member

This is not what God said. God said:'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'

It was the action, not the thought, but there is something interesting here non the less. Thank you for making your erroneous statement. It did not require the eating of the fruit to sin, it simply required the touching of the fruit to sin.

The touching of the fruit would not impart the knowledge of good and evil... or would it? I come down on the side of no. Therefore this would lead me to believe that Adam could sin before knowing right from wrong.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is not what God said. God said:'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'

It was the action, not the thought, but there is something interesting here non the less. Thank you for making your erroneous statement. It did not require the eating of the fruit to sin, it simply required the touching of the fruit to sin.

The touching of the fruit would not impart the knowledge of good and evil... or would it? I come down on the side of no. Therefore this would lead me to believe that Adam could sin before knowing right from wrong.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sjoe, too difficult for me!
    But there's a Psalm that says I had been a sinner while in the womb of my mom.