1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: DHK is insistent that sin must remain, yea a believer must keep on sinning to be a believer.
    Is this not precisely what you have presented as your beliefs DHK?

HP: Anyone that ceases from sin or even thinks they have ceased from sin is a liar according to him.

Again, is this not precisely your position DHK?

HP: His position is that for grace to abound sin must 'continue' to abound.

Tell me why this is not a logical conclusion based upon the above issues? You say that it is impossible for a Christian to cease from sin, and we know that Christians receive grace, so why cannot I conclude as I did?

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is about all that you can do is spew empty rhetoric in the face of scriptures that you reject and misinterpret. I suppose you believe you are literaly sitting in heavenly places (Eph. 2:6) rather than positionally "in Christ"?

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is one thing to "live in the Spirit" and another to "walk in the Spirit" (Gal. 5:25). It is one thing to be "created in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:10) but another thing to be "seated in Christ in heavenly places" (Eph. 2:6). It is one thing to be "chosen in him before the foundation of the world" (Eph. 1:4) and to "walk in him" (Col. 2:6).

It is one thing to be symboliclly in him through baptism (Rom. 6:4-5) and metaphorically be in him as the local congregational body of Christ and "members in particular" (1 Cor. 12:27).

There is massive ignorance concerning the various senses that "in Christ" is used in the New Testament.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Instead of pretending to know what I believe, quote me, by answering this post. Quit being ignorant!!

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost...4&postcount=45