1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the capitol of Israel?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 30, 2012.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Here you go - from the NKJV

Before she was in labor, she gave birth; Before her pain came, She delivered a male child.'

Serious Bible students can't just a verse out of its context and base a theological viewpoint on it. You need the whole context to do so. You use the next few verses to supposedly illustrate the birth of modern Israel, why not include this one?

And no matter how you try to spin it, the birth if Israel was a long, protracted, and difficult process. It did not happen in a day any more than any other country.

We are obviously at a stalemate here friend. I am not sure there is much use in continuing. Neither of us is going to be persuaded.

#61 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to persuade you. Scripture says what it says. I can't persuade you anymore than I can persuade the practicing homosexual that God defined what marriage would be .

Scripture foretold that Israel would be re-established as a nation in one day. It was. The clock is ticking.

#62 Zaac, Jul 31, 2012
  3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You have no real Bible evidence - your Biblical interpretation is flawed. Homosexuality is sin, what we have is a difference of interpretation.

Have you figured out an answer to the painless labour dilemma yet?

#63 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 31, 2012
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I gave you the Biblical evidence with the Scripture. God gave the real time evidence with the doing of exactly what Scripture says.

I am not having a dilemma with that. You are. :laugh: The nation of Israel was birthed in a day on May 14, 1948. And within days of their declaration, they were attacked by their surrounding enemies.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Your opinion is just as valid as mine - no more. You can't make Isaiah 66.7 fit the context of your 'born in a day' philosophy so you choose to ignore it - fair enough.

I guess one day we will know who was right - but I expect we are both going to be surprised at how we both got parts of it wrong.

We are now going is circles - best wishes to you friend.

#65 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 31, 2012
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If you can make it "not fit", I can certainly make it fit. :laugh:

I already know Who is right. :laugh:It's His word and the clock is ticking. It's not a salvation issue so I hope this does't cause a rift between us.:1_grouphug:

Ezekiel 37:21 I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen
    whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land.

This buildup happened right before the nation was re-established in one day.

Within a 24 hours span, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. So during that 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations.

The modern nation of Israel was LITERALLY re-born in one day.

Isaiah 66:8 Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once?

Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree (Israel); When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh: So likewise, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Jeremiah 31:10 Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.

However in line with me saying the clock started ticking on May14, 1948,
    and taking God's word as a whole, can you point to another time since the Ascension of Christ in which all Biblical prophecy had been fulfilled with the exception of the stuff that is supposed to take place either right before or during the Great Tribulation period?

Or maybe I should ask what is it that you believe needs to take place? Is the fig tree yet tender? Is it producing leaves?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I contend that you have made events fit your bias of theology. I am not willing to try and mould God to my opinion.

One simple question I asked earlier - could Jesus have returned before 1948?

This is far off from being a political discussion - I am going to bow our before the moderator chastens me for being off topic.

I wish you all the best in your studies of scripture. I am grateful to meet another believer who does study the word of God - even when we come to different conclusions in our studies.

#67 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 31, 2012
  8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Be well friend. I'm sure we will talk again.:godisgood: