1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the definition and scope of God's Sovereignty?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by AresMan, Sep 20, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James ignoring the entire book of job says --

So the book of Job ends in chapter 1 vs 8 in the "Calvinist Bible"? Is that how you get a leg to stand on in that grandstanding above? -- or are you saying you don't need to worry about what is actually said in the text of Job any more than in the text of Jonah 4?

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God makes a point and Satan challenges Him so an EXPERIMENT takes place in chapter 1.

In Chapter 2 we have "round 2" and God says "SEE I TOLD YOU"... But Satan makes a FURTHER Challenge.

This obvious point did not escape BobRyan

James then turns a blind eye to the content of the book - and most of chapter 1.

Lets go back to "The actual words" in the text again - as much as story telling is nice to listen to outside the text.

God makes His claim.

Satan challenges.

God says "Go ahead but don't hurt the man".

ROUND TWO takes place in chapter two - with God saying "SEE I told you".

Satan then makes an even more desperate challenge and ROUND 2's experiment where Satan IS ALLOWED to "hurt the man" is the substance of the rest of the book.

God coming back at the end of these expermiments and saying "SEE I told you" IS THE POINT!

How in the world Calvinism can turn a blind eye to the most blatant of facts in scripture "All for Calvinism" is beyond me.

In the hallowed halls of Calvinism you must have to check "objectivity and exegesis" before entering.

I just don't get why anyone would enter "anyway".

In Christ,

Bob

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

See Satan knew He edged him about is admitted by Satan.

john.