1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the difference...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Copper, May 26, 2005.

1. Copper

Copper Guest

What is the difference between a preacher, a missionary and an evangelist?

Your thoughts?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Volume :)

Missionaries usually are low key to get along in their surroundings, evangelists often have large audience and it is expected of them and preachers usually have a pa system to back them up.

In the other area, probably quite similar as they all attempt to draw people to God.

3. obscureone

obscureone New Member

From my limited understanding of God's Word, it would appear that a preacher (assuming you mean pastor) stays with one particular, established flock of God. The other 2 differ in our mindset probably more with the location of their church planting ministry. Normally we consider an evangelist who goes cross-cultural to be a missionary, don't we? Personally I understand them to be the same thing.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

A preacher would usually be the Pastor, A Missionary is someone who fufills all three roles overseas, and the evangalist is one of the offices that God gifts people in to serve the church, along with being a Teacher.

5. bloodwashed

bloodwashed New Member

I think they are just about the same just in different places.