1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the Falling Away?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by KenH, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

No tyndale, you do not understand our position. Pretribbers do not look or wait for antichrist. We look for the Lord's return.

The spirit of Antichrist has been around since the 1st century. We agree with John that Antichrist is coming but even now there are many antichrists.

So in a sense, any who denies the complete deity and humanity of Christ is of the antichrist spirit. That doesn't rule out a future individual who will so embody what that means that he will be known as the Antichrist.

2. postrib

postrib New Member

Note that in the 7 letters which begin Revelation, Jesus doesn't refer to 7 "stages," but only to 7 present churches "which are in Asia" (Revelation 1:11). I believe the 7 letters to them are "the things which are" in the passage which says: "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter" (Revelation 1:19). After the letters Jesus says: "Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter" (Revelation 4:1).

What scripture are you thinking of here?

How could we Christians who will be in the tribulation after the cross and after Pentecost (i.e. not OT) who have washed our "robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Revelation 7:14) and have "the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12) and are "in the Lord" (Revelation 14:13) not have the Spirit dwelling in us? "Ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9).

Note that it doesn't, but rather teaches that Jesus will come to gather us together "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), and that Jesus' coming to gather us together must "destroy" the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).

http://www.geocities.com/postrib

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Preach the word my error... It just sounded like all were leaning toward an Anti-Christ dominion when its always been here. Speaking of things that have always been here so has the premill and post mill in all ages. The falling away because I don't want to get off subject and have Pastor Larry close the topic. The tribulation and the falling away is no problem for us who are of the Amill belief as these things have always been in the church in one form or another. To say anything less is to not understand church history as it puts its seal on it that these are the facts. The falling away, last days and anti-christ has existed since the first century of the church. The number seven is the number of completion and God is showing us in the seven churches of Asia every false doctrine that can and has crept into the church in ages past. Again read church history!

There has always been a falling away into Apostacy by the church and there have always down through church history those who didn't apostisize but held to sound doctrine.I won't debate premill or postmill because although I believed in it at one time along with the preterist view I know longer believe either. We are living in the church age now with all its tribulations and falling aways and that is what I believe and what Amills teach. The Lord will return to take his children home and as the Apostle says Look up for you redemption draweth nigh!... This I do daily as no one know the day or hour... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. Me2

Me2 New Member

Refering To 2 Thess 2:3, The Term "Falling Away" Can Be Exchanged With "Dying To Self".

It Is Simply The Recognition Of Self In Error Of Playing God and Withdrawing Choices Made In Error and Being Replaced With Spiritual Truths. Self On Throne is Replaced By Jesus As Lord.

Every Believer Goes Thru The Process..Multiple Times. The Process Of Growth Takes On The invitation of Gods Wisdom. Add Faith.. Experience Understanding.. Judged By The Lord...Right or Wrong.
    Believer is Judged Right.. Jesus Is Lord...He Sits Or Remains on throne
    Believer Is Judged Wrong. Self Remains on Throne...Wisdom is Removed.
    (Lord,Lord..I Never Knew You...or He Who Thinks He Hath Will Be Taken Away.. Sound Familiar ?)

One Can Lapse Into "placing" Carnal Self on throne. only to face the "falling away" in Judgement Day of the Lord. So Guess Who The Man Of Peredition Is ? That Person Trying To Imitate Christ...

Choosing Law Instead Of Grace...
    Choosing Judgement Instead Of Mercy....
    Choosing Unforgiveness instead Of Forgiveness..
    Choosing Fear instead of Love..
    etc...etc...etc

All During The Lifetime Of The Believer....

Sorry No Rapture...Try Again

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Can you provide some scriptural support for this idea? Why would God revert to an old covenant when the new is so much better?

Heb 8:13 (NIV) "By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

In fact, all of Heb 8 (and other passages) seem to speak against the idea of reverting back. I used to believe this idea myself (I don't anymore), but where in scripture does this idea come from?!?

Brian