1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the Great Commission?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Let me tell you about miracles I think preacher does a good job here:
    When I was 23 years old God called to me like never before and a fear set up in me that I can't describe. He showed me that that I could hear but was still deaf, I could see but still blind and I could walk but was still crippled and He showed me that I was a dead man. When God showed me all of these things, I had to repent with a Godly sorrow; I had to travel through a trail of tears, begging to be delivered from the sinful state I was in. I worked myself out of works. God let me realize that my works were as filthy rags in His sight. When I came to the end of my strength, God worked a work in me that no mortal man could work. He anointed my eyes so that I could see his work. He touched my ears so that I could hear His marvelous word. He touched my lameness and let me walk in his wondrous light. But most of all he resurrected me to a lively Hope in him. Praise be to God for his loving Grace that made me whole and set me free through the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I thank him daily for the gift of life that he gave me through his beautiful Son.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I believe in healing. After the order of James.

I don't believe in healing that happens today such as luke talks of.

Healers? Uh, no. That God heals? Certainly.

Again, go out to the order of Luke 10 and get it done.

3. patharris

patharris New Member

I have prayed for my daughter when she was sick and she immediately got better.

That doesn't mean that I can go out and pray for everyone to get healed though.

Patrick

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    all this means is that until scriptures came knowledge was very partial and Paul is quite clearly saying that all these partial supernatural manifestations belong to the realm of childish things which will vanish away when perfection and the fullness comes

5. preacher4truth

Why not?

I prayed once back in 1991 for work, we needed to pay bills. We prayed right then that God would please provide for us. The phone rang right before we ended the prayer, and a friend on the phone said "I have a job for you, and a check for 2500 down on the work, where can we meet?"

That to me was answered prayer. Or was it a miracle?

Like I said, you believe it to the order you claimed earlier, then get busy.

Luke too.

6. patharris

patharris New Member

Don't believe you will find it anywhere that I said someone could go out and heal everyone they see that needs it.

Patrick

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats the problem....Benny Hinn "type" faith healers when is fact its up to the Holy Spirit NOT man.

8. preacher4truth

Oh, OK.

Here is what you said:

You argued for luke1616s' point, in logical progression, that it, the context we are sent to heal, did not end with the Apostles. You only changed your tune to this after I called you on it to go out and get busy. Since then you have watered it down, all along pretending this is what you meant.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but by who? gifts are of the HS

10. patharris

patharris New Member

You reading into what I actually meant...

Your calling me out means nothing.

Your calling me out on something I didn't mean just makes you look stupid...

11. preacher4truth

Oh, OK. Thanks.

12. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Those who appeal to Isaiah 53:4-5 as the basis for healing in the atonement must deal with

Matthew 8:17 "...that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, saying, He himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses."

Matthew is referring to Isaiah 53:4.

When was it fulfilled? In the evening, in Caperneum.

Isaiah's prophecy was fulfilled in Jesus LIFE, not his death.

Thus, 53:5 "...by his stripes we are healed," cannot refer to physical healing. The entire New Testament makes it clear that it is spiritual healing. The NT authors over and over described the lost as sin-sick, as spiritually dead.

13. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

Interesting view. Thanks.:jesus:

14. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

The soul that sins against me shall surely die. Who's dead in Gods eye? Can you raised the dead spiritually? If a man is spiritually dead and the gospel is preach to him and he believes will he not be raised from the dead? Seriously with God all thing are possible!

15. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

Smith Wigglesworth raised 23, and one was a Baptist lol.

16. preacher4truth

Uh, no. He was baptized in a Baptist church. He was Pentecostal. Nice try.

:)

17. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

Slow down and read. One of the 23 that was raised was a Baptist, didn't say Smith was. You might be a lil too quick with your "I'm right your wrong attitude", but I still love you.:godisgood:

18. preacher4truth

We all make mistakes. But I've edited posts as you have and it didn't show I had. :)

He never raised anyone from the dead. Period. Neither have you nor has anyone you've said. Ever. :)

It just shows how little you think of resurrection. Like it's an every day occurence. Where's all the documented proof you claimed to have? Also, documented proof is no different than in Bible times actually seeing the proof.

You're a Baptist luke?

Blessings

19. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

What is the name of the church you are a preacher at?