1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the largest Church in America?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ReformedBaptist, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

hitler killed 6 million jews. does that make me a bigot or hitler?

stalin killed millions. does that make me a bigot or stalin?

if i am a bigot for reminding you of the history of your church... which is murder and atrocities...

then what do you call the actual murder and atrocities committed by the papacy?

Galatians 4:16
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

#61 brucebaptist, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  2. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Murders and atrocities have been committed by both Protestants and Catholics. Sounds like you have been reading too much 'Trail of Blood' made up history.

It's the 'tenor' in which you post that marks you. The 'evil pope' statements, etc.

My even mentioning this will probably result in my being banned from this board. It seems that ANY accusations towards the Catholic Church are tolerated regardless of how outrageous they are. "Any enemy of my enemy is my friend."

#62 lori4dogs, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  3. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

Jesus' church does not go around killing people for any reason...

John 18:36
    36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight,

Jesus told His disciples to do NO harm to any man. share the Gospel with them and if they dont want to hear it, then dust your feet off as you leave that town...

Jesus' church does not murder. it is Jesus' church that gets persecuted but does not administer the persecutions... any man or church that goes around killing is not of His...

Proverbs 17:15
    He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

when a person stands for popery, knowing their dark history, they condemn the just and justify the wicked... what does God say about them?

2 John 1:11
    For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

when you know the deeds of the papacy, which is proven thru history and still accept them as being Christian... you partake of their evil deeds....

may you receive the truth that comes from the Word and reject the evils of romanism...

#63 brucebaptist, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
  4. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

The bible says to repent AND be baptized for the remission of sins. I believed just as you do when I was a Baptist. I made my profession of faith in a Baptist church. I now believe that the bible is clear that we need to get wet as well as trust in Christ as our savior.

Of course, I was baptised in the Baptist church after my profession of faith. When I converted to the Catholic Church they recognized my 'Baptist baptism' as a valid baptism and after instruction I was confirmed in the ancient apostolic faith. You just can't wrap your head around the fact that I once bought the Baptist doctrine hook, line and sinker and have decided that the more biblical teaching lies in the Catholic Church.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The most popular books throughout history that prisoners have requested in their cells are: (in order)
    1. Bible.
    2. Concordance.
    3. Foxe's Book of Martyr's
    4. Pilgrim's Progress

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So what do you believe then:
    What Baptists teach about the new birth, or
    what Catholics teach about the new birth?

It would seem clear to me that if you believe one you have to renounce the other--apostatize. You can't believe in both at the same time. One of them is wrong. Which one?

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Lori,

Your reply here is almost a martyr fantasy to me. We can't wrap our heads around the fact that you departed from Baptist (I am going to assume, biblical) teaching and turned to papal doctrine?

Why isn't DHK making this kind of argument for the truth? Or Brucebaptist who was a Roman Catholic for longer than you have been alive? We are not concerned with testimonies, but Scripture. You say you once held a conviction of trusting in Christ alone. Believing "Jesus plus nothing." You now say you trust Christ plus your baptism.

And you think we can't understand this departure?

"O foolish Catholic, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only I owuld learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

"Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the Scripture, forseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the Gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

And did God justify Abraham while in circumcision or uncircumcision? In uncircumcision. And do you not know the Scriptures which tell you that we are complete in Him...in whom we also are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands...buried with him in baptism, wherein also we are raised with him through faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead?

If God had justified Abraham without circumcision then why are you bewitched into believing that the covenant sign of baptism is necessary for yours?

#67 ReformedBaptist, Jul 11, 2010
  8. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

please explain...

1) what is false about Baptist doctrine?

2) are these RC doctrines Biblical? please provide Biblical proof for these...
    a) salvation comes thru the 'church'?
    b) salvation comes thru good works?
    c) the church forgives sins?
    d) the RC church is the one true church?
    e) the head of Jesus' church is the pope?
    f) the pope is infallible?
    g) salvation comes thru the sacraments?
    h) infant baptismal regeneration?
    i) a priest can make Jesus come down off of his throne and become a wafer?
    j) mary can save?
    k) mary is a co-savior?
    l) mary was a perpetual virgin?
    m) mary can answer prayers?
    n) people go to purgatory?
    o) its ok to worship statues?
    p) indulgences?

its not there. none of it. it cannot be found in the Word of God, anywhere. RC is man-made religion.

Paul said if anyone comes to you and brings another Gospel, let them be accursed. Gal 1:8,9

the RC church has added to and taken away from the Scriptures... which means they are accursed by God... Rev 22:18,19

l4d,
    you have been made spiritually drunk with the fornication of her (RC) filthiness... you look at the statues, candles, priestly robes, artwork, smell the incense, and get into all of the pomp and ritual... but Jesus said all that stuff is dead! all that stuff seems to be religious... it has a feel of being spiritual but it is dead...

Jesus was not 'religious'... His biggest enemies were the religious crowd... He cares about our obedience to the Word and our righteousness... not ritual, pomp and ceremony...

#68 brucebaptist, Jul 11, 2010
  9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My question to Lori is this:

If you decided to stop going to Mass for a summer, no longer received communion, no longer went to confession and just lived your life outside the church...and then you were hit by a car. Would you go to heaven or would you not be able to get in there until you spent time in purgatory? What would get you into heaven? The church (which the church teaches), your following the rules or Jesus?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, my stars Ohhhh!....Ann, lol, thank you because you are really making me laugh with that medieval catholic dogma nonsense.....I don't know one Catholic (practicing or otherwise) who believes that baloney? .....you must have been a RC at one time (didn't you say your pops was a NYC Cop?) Next you will be askin her if she takes contraception or practices rhythm. :laugh: with rich feeling and pleasure "your killing me Ann."

11. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Well wonderful! Just keep laughing BUT ANSWER THE QUESTION and then we will see if we can join you in your laughter!!!!

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't asked the question Walter....OK?

13. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

14. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You ridiculed the question before Lori could respond! If you are going to ridicule the question then be kind enough to provide a basis for your ridicule or else your the one that should be ridiculed.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be my guest!:laugh:

16. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Put your glasses on, I already did in the first post! I challenged your laughter as empty unsubstantiated nonsense! Any fool can mock but it takes some intelligence to vindicate the mockery - which - you have not provided. So if your mockery is the extent of your intelligence then that doesn't speak to well of your intelligence does it????. Indeed, it indicates you have nothing else to offer intelligently.

#76 Dr. Walter, Jul 11, 2010
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhhhh excellent.....how very Christlike.... Now that is funny! Perhaps use the word idiot or dolt.....maybe even miscreant. :wavey:

18. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I bet if he preached "Sinners in the hands of an angry God" he would stop to be large.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, since my friend who is a deacon in the Roman Catholic Church (was ordained just a month after my husband was ordained as a pastor) and is now going to seminary to become a priest told me this, I'd take it that it's more official doctrine than you think.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - My question to Earth, Wind and Fire is also:

If you decided to stop going to Mass for a summer, no longer received communion, no longer went to confession and just lived your life outside the church...and then you were hit by a car. Would you go to heaven or would you not be able to get in there until you spent time in purgatory? What would get you into heaven? The church (which the church teaches), your following the rules or Jesus?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.