1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is The True Reason You Serve God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Feb 11, 2008.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

What is your reason?

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm miserable if I don't. I know it's the right thing for me to do, and I am grateful for what God has done in saving me.

3. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

You took the words out of my mouth. I find I do not really have a choice. I must serve Him simply because He loved me enough to save me.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have found that I get more out of it than I give into it.

God demands our serving others. :)

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Charles,

That's a great question. I hope I'm serving Him because I love Him and want to bring Him the utmost glory.

6. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

It is a combination of many things, including love, gratitude, fear, and obediance.

BTW, where have you been, Brother Charles??

love,

Sopranette

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably from being brainwashed in that way in my early years, finding purpose and meaning in my early adult years, and continuing it now because my closest friends assemble for that purpose a couple or more times a week-- with food and activities thrown in sometimes; but if one lets oneself forget the "real" purpose, one does not 'real'ly justified in taking part in the periphery.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I serve God for a number of reason I think. First because I love Him and He loves me and I want to, hopefully, glorify Him, be cause He said too so it's an obedience issue. And because I couldn't get by not doing it, I just can't not serve Him, I'd have to try very hard not too, and I'm not sure I could not serve God, I think it's as chuck2336 said, I have no choice not too, I feel a compulsion to serve that I simply can not disobey.
    And I'm so thankful that I can serve my God.

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I am born again. Knowing this, I am like a child who tries to step in my Father's steps. Not fully grown I miss a step now and then and I must labor hard and leap just to make the step yet I want to walk just like Him. My big brother Jesus has shown me how it is done and He holds my hand with the Holy Spirit as I stumble along.

In other words service is what the family does. I am part of the family and I will try to do my part.:godisgood:

10. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

b/c I love Him.

11. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I serve him because he first loved me. All that he has done for me is not deserved. Unworthy man that I am that he died for me and loved me throw all the things that I ever did. I serve him to see his face in peace. To here him say come my child. To be a son of God is worth more than anything this world has to give. To spend one day with the Lord is more than my breath. To love the Lord God with all my heart soul mind and stranght is not compared to the love that he has given me in one day. He is my King and I will kneel to my King and I give him the glory till my last breath.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Because its my whole life to serve Him. It is my being, my existance, all that I am, I owe Him. There is nothing but serving Him.

BBob,

13. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

I first started praying because I was afraid of going to hell, then i soon tasted what it was like to be blessed from heaven. now I can't get enough, the more i pray and search for the truth the more blessings i enjoy. Truly the words of Jesus are so true COME TASTE OF ME AND SEE THAT I AM GOOD.

14. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

When God saved me, he gave me a new heart, so to speak, and with it came a desire to glorify him and be obedient to him.

I don't think I can claim any credit for my love for God. I think that's what it means when the Bible says we love him because he first loved us.

15. Rex77

Rex77 Member

Because he is worthy.

John 6:
    68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
    69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

16. North Carolina Tentmaker

Because that is what I was created to do. It is what and who I am. To not serve God would be to rebel not only against Him but against myself as well.

17. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Because I long to add at least one drop of glory to the ocean God deserves.

18. Beth

Beth New Member

I love Him.

Because I love Him.

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Because he is God.