1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is there to do in and around Utah?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 5, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am planning a trip to Salt Lake City. Any suggestions for what to see?

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Let me know if you can float in the water, 'k?
    Gina

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Visit Wyoming!! :rolleyes:

Go north and east from SLC to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, then loop south in WY to South Pass (Oregon Trail) and follow it back into Utah.

In Utah - just north of the Great Salt Lake is promontory point, where the E&W railroads met. Neat historical site.

Just west of the lake are the salt flats

Then there's the lake itself

Just southwest of SLC is the largest Copper mine and they have wonderful tours

All along the eastern edge of Utah are mountains, ski areas, beautiful canyons for hiking and biking

In SLC Temple Square is a must. Take a tour. And spend a little time across the street at the Geneological center.

In the south (200 miles) is "Dixie" - banana belt with irrigated crops. Rugged beauty of Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon - but HOTTER THAN . . . this time of year!

And if you're that far south, it's only an hour to Las Vegas . . . :rolleyes:

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I went to the geneological room with the tons of computers in it. I could not pull up my father's surname.

I don't guess a lot of Filipinos became mormons. huh?