1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured what is your greatest struggle?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD- Seems like that is what Rippon was trying to do.

• Like Like x 1
  2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I think the greatest struggle of any Christian that knows the gospel is themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go back and read what I wrote. I didn't say to respect a person's views. I said to respect the person because he/she is made in the image and likeness of God.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Save that last few cents, Icon, you may need it for a cup of coffee some day! ​

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks Dude...

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Than you certainly need to practice what you preach? TOM!?!?!?! You seemed to lose your cool at me in another post! I am made in the same image as yourself; right? Tes
    You are welcome. I'd hate to see you continue to give me your "two-cents" and then reach into your pocket and find it empty! Biggrin You be safe Icon, I know your job is dealing with over the road hauling, and I continue to surround you with a hedge of protective prayer! Thumbsup

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well even if we differ much we can pray for each other.
    In that torrential rain yesterday I came two foot from hitting a car broadside on a bridge it Baton Rouge.
    His lane came to a stop...he pulled out if his lane directly in front of me.....the truck stopped less that two feet from broad siding him.....he looked like a deer.in the headlights, and is fortunate he is not in the eternal state right now.
    Dude....while you are a likeable person.....your "theology" needs a makeover
    Put on flip this house,or property brothers and watch them do a renovation ......the rip out all the old faulty parts of the structure,bad wiring, bad foundation, then they rebuild .
    Your foundation and theological wiring do not pass inspection Dude.
    Tighten it up....look up some old dead theologians online and refresh yourself in the Scriptures they offer.....you might like it Dude.

Now I have given you your two cents worth....lol

#27 Iconoclast, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ironclast..., what works for you might just not work for another. We are all different and in the end, after all the smoke clears, our Lord will put everything right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be thinking of someone else. I haven't "lost my cool" with you or anyone else.

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sound doctrine works for everyone.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who's to say that you are not closer to the Pharisee group, brother! God will make that know at the BEMA Seat Judgment! Will He not?

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who's to say that it is me who needs a makeover in theology. Like I said to you on other occasions, I have not heard God say, "Paul, change your theology and change it now!" And the last time I checked out the Scripture, the only person that will give an accounting of my life, theology, doctrines, etc., will be me! You, and rippon and TOM and the dead authors will not be held accountable for my life, beliefs and views! Me, and me alone will answer to God, so give it a rest!

You are a likable chap yourself, but you don't see me telling you that unless you get the gifts I have received, you are going to hell, or that you need a make over! I have accepted your theology and views (in the words of TOM, because you and I are made in His image) because they are uniquely yours! If that causes us to have a schism of spiritual sorts, that is unfortunate!

I am sure we will both be in glory, along with the others who have tried to take me to "task" for my views on the scripture and God! So may I offer this one word of advice to you, and it isn't Biblical, it is simply human ...... "Chill!" Cool

13. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what you mean by the above. Could you elucidate? Thank you.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TOM, it doesn't surprise me that you didn't understand the meaning of HAMel's comment. It's like I said before, you are way too analytical for your own good. I completely understood his meaning. HINT:stop being so better than thou, and you may break through and see the light of his comment.

16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now who is prefabricating the truth? Whistling

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've turned into a Norm Crosby. No one "prefabricates the truth" Some homes are prefabricated. You mean:"Fabricates the truth."

But that itself is a fabrication.

#37 Rippon, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  18. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TCassidy..., let me put it this way. Your doorbell rings. Upon opening your door you see two women standing there prepared to share with you all the great blessing of being whatever faith they belong to. Needless to say you would probably respond with a, "No thank you" and start to close your door.

If their faith, in their belief, fits them just (like a fine leather shoe) then why would you desire to discuss with them why, in your opinion, they are wrong? You might would share with them that you're a Baptist and otherwise might share with them your thoughts on Salvation but you're not going to change them so why even bother. Would you become hostile with them? Would you follow them from house to house continuing to tell them they were wrong in their belief? No, you would close your door and go back to what you were doing.

...so why is it that each and every issue brought to this forum has to be drug out and extended as to who is right and who is wrong? Elmo's theory on one issue is probably different that Otto's so why argue over it? It's what they believe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would happen on a regular basis. And I would reach up on the shelf next to the door and grab my bible and witness to them concerning Who the Christ of the bible is, what the Christ of the bible has done, and how that can apply to them.

Because it is not about being right and wrong. It is about the difference between Heaven and hell. I don't hate anyone enough to want them to go to hell, and I surely would take the time to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified to them. That is the responsibility of every Christian.
    Oh, but I beg to differ. I have won both JWs and Mormons to the Lord right on my front porch. The word of God is powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword.
    Why would I be hostile to them? They are two poor lost women. I would have compassion on them.
    I might follow them a short way if one was dragging the other away and the one being dragged was listening to the Gospel.
    Are you asking questions or answering them? How do you know what I would do?
    Because doctrine is important.

2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
    9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
    11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1 Timothy 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

1 Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1 Timothy 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
    No man can love another person and allow him to continue in false doctrine. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, those are extremely arrogant words! I have seen this same "better than thou spirit" coming from those in the WOF movement, something like the Pharisee's!

It is either all in with your way of believing, or we are going to hell?

Well, that is strange, because I do not think, you are going to hell! And for me to assume because you and I don't agree you are going to hell, is the nothing more than condescension and egotistical self-righteousness! Shame on you!

#40 righteousdude2, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015