What is your opinion about this? Is the church not preaching the real gospel?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 22, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

Hi!
    If you have 15 minutes time download this teaching here from Andrew Wommack. I have seen him on God TV before and I noticed that he has some opinions which totally differ from mainstream christianity. Andrew also "admits" this. He says the church is preaching God's wrath and anger and preaching that the hurriance was God's judgement and that 911 was God's judgement while this is not true.
    His stuff is really totally different to what I have heard before, usually you always hear ministers warning that America is going down if the people do not repent and so on.
    Here is the file:

http://downloads.awmi.net/radio/2006/awm_radio20060606.mp3

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

His ideology is false. Gods wrath is not over for man. He has a problem with preaching on sin and hell. His gospel is false.

He overlooks the tribulation, he overlooks the bowl judgements, he over looks revelations where it says death and hell will be thrown into the lake of fire.

As for me I will continue to preach the whole gospel.

He just compared the preaching of the gospel to extortion.

Garbage!

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

Hi!
    This is also what I thought. What about revelation? If God isn't angry anymore then why does revelation mention his wrath?
    But on the other hand one might also ask: If Jesus paid for all our sins, also the future sins, and if Jesus also took God's whole wrath upon himself then how is it possible that God is still angry?
    This sounds like Jesus' sacrifice wasn't able to amortize God's whole wrath. :confused:
    And does it not also seem a bit like God is much more apathetic compared to the time before Jesus? I mean today the people can mock God and nothing happens. It's like this "why do the good suffer and the evil prosper" question. Aren't we living in a time of grace where God is much more patient than he was in the old testament?

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu
    Expand Collapse

reconsilation

I would not judge too quickly about someone and need to hear some more.
    He made a very good emphasis on the Redemption by Jesus Christ.

The Sacrifice of Jesus Christ was enough to pay for all the sins of this world, not only for us but also for the whole world ( 1 John 2:2)

The reason why God's anger still remains is not because He didn't forgive the sins of the unbelievers, but because the Unbelievers refuse to accept the Forgiveness done already at the Cross.

Sins of Hitler and Stalin were forgiven, but the anger of God still remain on them because they didn't believe in such Truth and on the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    There is a clear distinction between the sins of our behaviors and the sin of balspheming Holy Spirit which disallowing the people to believe what Jesus has done at the Cross. All the sins were forgiven but the sin of refusing such Truth itself rejects the forgiveness.

People go to the Hell not because of their sins committed during their life time, but because they refused the Redemption by Jesus Christ, the Forgiveness of their sins.
    As they insist, their sins still remain unforgiven.

The preacher was quite clear about the Gospel, but may have a little problem in his expression. This is why people need to stay faithful with the teachings of NT even after the salvation. Being Born Again is not the completion of the faith, but a start of the New Life, and therefore the believers need to endeavor to follow the guidance of Holy Spirit.

#4 Eliyahu, Jun 22, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

But what about this?

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

This sounds like if you do special sins you cannot go to heaven and it's not about rejecting Jesus but about doing those sins.

6. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

That passage is talking about those who habitually live in sin willingly, not commiting those specific acts.

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have to agree whole heartly with that! I find it amazing that people will hear a small bit and automatically know what the man is preaching and if it's bad.

I listened to the 15 minutes, and I liked his style and his message. Now, do I think he is preaching the true word, I don't know, as I don't know this man and this was the only 15 minutes I have heard from him.

People should learn to obverse and listen more before jumping to conclusions.

Jamie

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

Hi!
    Actually I only wanted to know wether what he said in those 15 minutes is correct or not. It's not about wether Wommack is a good or bad teacher. It's only about those things which he says.

9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This may have been your orginal thought when posting, however in the orginal post, you made reference that he was teaching things that were different than what you had heard before.

Then, after listening to 15minutes of a 75 minute sermon, people can presume to know what it in the man's heart and if he is a false teacher or not.

I listened to the 15 minutes, and I went to his website and I liked what I saw and heard.

He has a high reference of Jesus Christ as the Way to Heaven. He mentioned is several times in the 15 minutes, that you have to come to Jesus to get to Heaven. He also pointed out that because he is teaching this way, it doesn't mean thet you can go out sinning without thought. To come to Christ is to want to stop sinning.

He makes a point that is worth learning about and debating without calling instant judgement to him.

Jamie

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

I don't want people to judge him. I only want to know wether his stuff is biblical or not. To me it seems questionable. Sure, it sounds pretty good. Hearing that God isn't angry is more pleasing than hearing that God is angry. But as Revmitchell already mentioned he seems to totally forget about revelation.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

But how can we know if what he teaches is Biblical or not just by listening to 15 minutes of a 75 minute sermon? Or even one sermon?

His Statement of Faith on his website seems to be in line.

He believes that you can only come to the Father through the Son.

He believes you can't get into heaven without knowing and believing in Jesus Christ.

Ok, so he teaches a "kinder", "Gentler" message, a message of peace, love and joy. Does that mean he has never or will never teach the punishment of sin? I don't know. I haven't heard enough from him to tell.

There are preachers that preach Milk, and then there are other that preach Meat. Can a man not preach without bring the wrath of God into the conversation and still be Biblical? I believe so.

Also, In Revelations the wrath is brough down on the people that forsaken Jesus. In Rev. Wommack's 15 minutes we listened to, he told us that we have to come to Jesus.

So, looking at it in perspective, anyone who comes to know and trust Jesus Christ, and is in fact saved through the Blood of Jesus, will they see any wrath in Revalations?

Until I know more, I like Rev. Wommack's message and I think he is Biblical. Again, that is just knowing what we know from 15 minutes and his website. Given more facts, maybe my stance would change.

On a side note. Keep asking the Thought Provoking questions that you ask in the forums. They help you get the answers you need, but they also help people like myself study different aspects I may not have thought about. :thumbs:

Jamie

12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

I will, as long as I get my pay check. :laugh::smilewinkgrin: