1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your stance on abortion? Which statement best fits your belief?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by BigBossman, Feb 6, 2009.

?
  1. Abortion should be outlawed completely 100%. No exceptions.

43.6%
  2. Abortion should be made illegal except in the case of rape.

2.6%
  3. Abortion should be made illegal except when the mother may not live through giving birth.

38.5%
  4. Abortion should be illegal, except in the case of rape & if the mother's life is at stake.

10.3%
  5. Abortion is okay as long it is done in the early stages of pregnancy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The mother should have the right to choose whether or not to terminate her preganancy.

5.1%
  1. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My stance is simple: I believe it should outlawed except in the case of rape or if the mother's life has been determined to be in danger by having the baby. Especially the latter.

By the way: This is a public poll.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dh and I attended college with a young man who was the result of a date rape. Thank God his mother did not abort him! He is now a pastor serving the Lord. Every life is valuable to God no matter the circumstances in which one was conceived.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

:thumbs:

I'll go a step further and address the matter of the mother's life. I, as a father, would willingly give my life to give life to any of my children. This includes every moment of my child's life, even when they are in the womb. For a woman to decide to kill her baby because she may not survive the pregnancy shows a severe lack of faith in God and a huge amount of selfishness.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No legal abortion - full stop.

Why should one crime, rape, become two, rape and murder?

It would be safer to kill the rape baby after it was born

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I went for 'not unless the mother would die giving birth' - and then it's a question of whose life do you save.

Why the exemption for rape, Bossman?

6. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know people would probably give me a hard time over this. I would feel the way both of you do. I'm not saying I would prefer to do that. For example:
    As relates to rape - I wouldn't want my wife or daughter (if I had one)to extinguish a life like that. I would say, give the child up for adoption (if they didn't want to raise him / her).

If my wife or daughter was pregnant & the doctor made a determination that having the baby would cause her to die, I would be extremely concerned. Its something that would have to be weighed. The mother would have to ask herself, do I want to risk my life to have this child?

I don't feel comfortable with having to make a decision like that, but that's where I stand. That's an area that I would have to pray about. I know I am going to receive a gauntlet of comments from everyone that disagrees with me. So I'll stand & take every lashing that everyone wants to dish out.

I don't think abortion should be allowed for the sake of convenience. For someone to try & cover up a pregnancy or hiding the consequence of an affair is wrong by doing that.

If there were only two choices whether to make abortion legal or illegal, I would make it illegal.

#6 BigBossman, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

It's unbelievable that someone would actually vote for "The mother should have the right to choose whether or not to terminate her preganancy."

I pray it's just a troll amongst us and not someone that professes belief.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

In my opinion (which is all it is) no one should be forced to carry her rapist's baby to term. On the other hand, it should not be automatically terminated either. The choice should be up to the rape victim.

If a woman or girl's life will be lost because of carrying the baby, she should have the choice of whether or not to take the risk and carry it to term. Again, the choice should be hers.

All other abortions should be considered murder.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

There aren't any babies that are accidents, or should not exist. We may not have planned to have them, but God did. Man likes his will above God's.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's a public poll, so I clicked o the vote number, 1 in this case, and it's a user named TheOldMan who joined in Dec.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

You do know that in all pregnancies the life of the mother can arguably, be in danger.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Saying the life of the mother could be in danger is subjective, it depends on the doctor more then anything else. If he knows a woman wants an abortion, and he doesn't disagree with abortion, then the mothers life is in danger, no medical proof on record required.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

A pregnant woman's life is always in danger, there are many conditions and diseases she can suffer from because of the pregnancy, and women still die in child birth even in this new modern age of medicine.
    In both of my pregnancies I had forgot thename now someone else might know it, had to do with protein in my body, and my life as well as my children's lives were in danger. The girl next door to me in the hospital was there becasue she had a condition, again don't remember the name, that is common and puts both lives in danger.
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/81318.php
    lots more sites like this one, want info look it up.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I haven't read the responses but to me, there is only one case where abortion would be OK (and OK is not the word I like to use). That would be where both mother and child WILL die if nothing is done. This would be like an ectopic pregnancy where there is no chance the child will survive and a good chance the mother will die without intervention. Also, there are very rare cases where a mother will develop life threatening illnesses from the pregnancy and there is no way she could survive to get the child to viability. Other than the ectopic, I think it's best to allow the child to be born (via c-section or regular delivery) and fight tooth and nail to save the child. But there are times when it's just too early and there's nothing else that can be done but let them both die or deliver the child thus giving the mother a chance to make it.

However, if there's a chance to get the child to the age of viability, then I think it's best to do so and give BOTH the mother and child the chance to survive.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Most likely you had pre-eclampsia which can lead to full eclampsia which will kill the mother if the child is not delivered. Usually mothers who develop this condition will deliver the child early to assure safety for both mother and child.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

Doesn't sound familiar so I don't really know for sure, I did however go into labor on time with both, no early deliveries. I would not have dreamed of aborting one of my babies, even if I died, as long as they lived I'm fine. this condition with both were part of why I was told nto to have more children, they said one or both would die next time, and my husband put his foot down, we weren't making more babies. Nine years later we thought I was pregnant again, abortion never entered our minds.

17. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

:applause: This is a great answer to the question. I agree with this view completely.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    TheOldMan is a Baptist

19. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean legitimately in danger. Anyone could say that her life is in danger. I am simply referring to complications that could cause the mother to die.

20. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Abortion should be outlawed completely 100%. No exceptions.

Abortion is murder. Period. The circumstances do not alter that fact.