1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What it means to NOT be KJVO...

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, let's make it clear that this NOT an attack upon the KJV, nor upon anyone who makes a PERSONAL DECISION to use only the KJV.

What does it mean to not be KJVO? It means, to me, to be a FREEDOM-READER, free of the encumbrances of a man-made false doctrine not supported by the KJV. It means I am free to use any BV I choose.

It means I have a better understanding of Scripture than I would have had I used only the KJV and read no other. This applies also to the NASV, the version by whose words I was led to CHRIST. I know the Scriptures better by having read many versions, old and new.

It means I am better-equipped to explain the Scriptures to someone not proficient in MODERN Englidh, let alone archaic English.

It means I don't believed God retired from supervising His own word in 1611.

It means I KNOW, and am not just guessing, that the KJVO MYTH(Not yjr KJV itself) is WRONG. It means I KNOW where that myth came from.

(Now, I'm gonna shaddup & mow my yard!)

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It means I can answer questions HONESTLY, as I have no myth nor false doctrine to protect.

It means I can use the KJV without being BOUND to it, that I can use other versions guilt-free, as the situation may demand.

It means I can put down the KJVO myth w/o engaging in the rancorous attacks associated with Ruckman & his homeboys.

It means I can see just how much those who believe in the myth have failed to study when they repeat 30-yr-old arguments.

It means I am free to study God's word with all the various versions He has made available to me.

3. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Basically, it means that I do not have to believe something that isnt true in order to be a Christian. Many legalistic christians would prefer to believe a lie rather than have that belief honestly challenged.

That is why every time an important question is asked of a KJVO, they refuse to answer, and use the excuse "I wont answer because they question casts doubt on the word of God."

I have never been forced to reply in such a way in my entire life, whether discussing with mormons, JW, atheisits, pagans, or anyone else. I have always been ready to give an answer for the hope that I have.

This is what it means to be a KJVO. It means to take TRUTH over TRADITION, it means to know what you believe, and not be afraid to have it challenged. It means BEING HONEST. So far, I have not met an honest KJVO. I have never met one nor conversed with one on this board or others who would answer simple questions. If they did, they would no longer be a KJVO. That is a fact.

When I say KJVO, I dont mean those who simply choose to use only the KJV because they like it the best. I mean those who attack all other versions.

In the end, NOT being KJVO is just like NOT being a murderer. There isnt anything really noble about it, its just avoiding a bad thing.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Enough is enough fellas - I am going to close threads which are designed only to discuss KJVO or non-KJVO. All they do is inflame each other.

The purpose of this thread is to dicsuss version and translations, not belief systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.