1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What kind of sins does a Pope confess?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Sherrie, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

My attitude has been very Christ-like here. And I answered the other question, or sarcasism (which ever it is) before it was ever asked.

I would like to remind you this is a baptist board. So in order for me to post in all the forums I must be a Baptist; not a Christian. But my statement is I may be a Baptist; even Southern Baptist, but that does not save me. I am a Christian. I also know I am going to Heaven when I die. Jesus said he would be back for me. That is the Hope. John 14:1-4

I know for a fact...my Grandmother was a Catholic all her life, and she said the Catholic pope teaches his bishops, to teach those who were members of the Catholic Church, they do not know if they are going to Heaven or Hell, until they get there.

Sherrie

2. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

God bless your Grandmother, but she was plenty capable of telling you something wrong about the Catholic Church, even out of sincerity.

God bless,

Grant

3. show me

show me New Member

Sherrie:

I have long heard people say that they know something about the Catholic Church because a priest, bishop, deacon, nun, brother or teacher told them that. However, the same may be said for Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc. pastors, leaders, teachers, etc.

What bothers me with many of the posts of the protestants here is that they base their ideas of the Catholic Church based on what they have heard the Catholic Church teaches rather than what the Catholic Church actually teaches. It has been stated over and over on this board and yet when this pointed out, it is ignored.

I am one protestant that really wants to learn the TRUTH about what the Catholic Church really teaches and not what y'all think it teaches. I plan to spend more time reading their catechism and then ask questions as they arise.

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Well hey, whats stopping you! Matter of fact you can go online to one of these places.

http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=catechism

But when I was young, we had to take classes. Hmmmm....can you now get an online certificate in catechism classes now? Conformation 101...go figure. (meant to be sarcastic)

Sherrie

5. show me

show me New Member

Thanks for the link Sherrie! And I have already started to read it.

6. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

You are all over the place, Sherrie.

When you judged that person to "worship Catholicism more than God", because he used the word Catholic rather than Christian in a sentence, were you acting "Christ like"?

That person did not say that they were "saved by being a Catholic". Why would you think that he thought such a thing? Because he used the word Catholic instead of Christian? Again, you used the words "Southern Baptist" to describe yourself in your profile, not "Christian". Are you denying your Christianity just for the sake of posting to this board? (sarcasim meant to make a point)

As to knowing that you are going to heaven... are you really sure? How do you know that you are not a "goat" that merely thinks that it is a "sheep".

When we see others who claimed to be saved, fall back into the same old sinful lifestyle, many would say, "They weren't really saved. They just thought they were saved."

How do you know you won't revert to your old presaved life? How do you know that you are "really saved" and don't just think that you are saved?

Sherrie, perhaps you should slow down, take a breath, and examine your motives and attitude a little. You are not coming across as very loving and Christ like.